Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

honeymoon to thailand mar 23- apr 7...to book or not???

• krysta_leea-
    nn

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2013

Hello!!!!

My husband and I are taking our honeymoon to thailand!!!! we are travelling Mar 23- Apr 7.... below is an outline of the places we are going. within the country we are planning on flying to save time since we dont have enough time already!!

our rough iteniary is

mar 23-24 travel from Toronto to Bangkok
    mar 24-26th Bangkok
    mar 26-29 chaingmai
    mar 29 night in krabi ( when i looked at flighs there is no way we can make it in time for the ferry to ko phi phi in time)
    Mar 30- Apr 2 ko phi phi -- already booked Tohko Hotel (figure we should splurge at least once and where better than in a hut on a beach!)
    April 2 ko phi phi leh (if they get their permits)
    April 3-6 ko lanta
    April 6 ko lanta to Bangkok
    April 7 fly home to Toronto

i guess we would be characterised as flash packers but i want to keep the budget low (like 50$per day per person for everything)!

any suggestions on hostels would be greatly appreciated....i am torn between the prebooking vs finding it when i get there......

also does anyone know if the international flights to thailand will go up or down in price as it gets closer to the date??

since we are travellign to thailand for 16 days which doesnt leave us with a lot of time for sitting on buses or trains. so we decided that we would fly to some of the cities..... bangkok to chiang mai and bangkok to krabi. does anyone know if there are flights from chiang mai to krabi?? i cant seem to find any..... also is it better to prebook these?? (i am torn between feeling like it will take away our freedom and the OCD planner i am)

thank you in advance for your suggestions and help!!!!! xox

#1 Posted: 5/2/2013 - 17:49

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

A few thoughts:

*) Look into flying Chiang Mai to Phuket rather than Krabi as you should be able to get in there early enough to get the boat to Ko Phi Phi (I think)

*) OR if the above doesn't work, consider reversing the trip (so going to Chiang Mai last as you'll have no boat to catch :)

*) Tohko is lovely -- good choice.

Your questions:

*) On prebooking. It's a crapshoot. I posted a while ago about what I saved using Agoda over a week or so of stays in Phuket, I saved some, not a lot. It depends on your budget -- if you're a flashpacker (so looking at staff in the say 800-1,800 baht per night bracket, you will probably save some money.

*) Cheaper flights - no idea, but low cost carriers (AisAsia, Nok Air etc) are generally cheaper purchased in advance -- I'd be booking those internal Thai flights now if I was you. Don;t think there are Chiang Mai to Krabi direct flights but I think there are to Phuket - check the websites for THAI, Bangkok Airways and AirAsia.

Congrats on getting hitched!

#2 Posted: 5/2/2013 - 20:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.