Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

funky monkey guesthouse

• brody33

Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2013

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had ever stayed at a hostel in Chiang Mai called the Funky Monkey? It's the top pick on tripadvisor, but in researching I've found it's not mentioned anywhere on any other hostel review sites, travel forums, guidebooks etc, which seems really strange! Does anyone have any experience of the hostel and know if it's a good pick for a solo traveller?

Thanks very much, B x

#1 Posted: 10/2/2013 - 15:08

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

http://www.funkymonkeyhouse.com
    I haven't stayed there because I already live in Chiang Mai, but it looks good, very clean, and in a convenient location walking distance to most places of interest in the city but down a fairly quiet lane. However it looks as if the rooms are geared more toward couples and groups of 2-4 travelling together, or you just pay 400-600 to keep it to yourself. If you're on a low budget there are certainly many cheaper options in the old city.

See http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation/thailand/northern_thailand/chiang_mai/chiang_mai/all

#2 Posted: 11/2/2013 - 09:14

• stoneman

Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2010
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 9

From what I have read they have only 3 rooms. Hence, less chance of someone posting a review on tripadvisor etc. I have read the few reviews on the net and intend to book my room in advance for when I visit in August/September. I assume you have checked out their website. But as Captain Bob states, there are many cheaper options, many reviewed on tripadvisor.

#3 Posted: 15/2/2013 - 02:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Casa del Mar Koh Chang, funky Guesthouse with chilling Bar ... By TinaM on 13 Jan 2008 0 4720 13 Jan 2008
Monkey Island Guesthouse/Restaurant - Maesai, Chiangrai - British Owner ... By julianbroad on 24 Nov 2006 0 2776 24 Nov 2006