Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

getting from chumphon to Singapore via rail.

• lillozza

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2013
    Location United Kingdom

Hi guys, I'm having a little trouble working out how to get from koh tao to Singapore. I thought my best bet would be traveling back to chumphon then to Singapore but can't seem to find any advice on how to go south! Am I best flying (although not ideal) to Singapore? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :) xx

#1 Posted: 14/2/2013 - 16:20

• Advertisement

• Krisprolls

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2013

Hello,
    Getting from Chumphon to Singapore is possible by taking the train to Butterworth (Penang) and then to KL.
    Very useful information on http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm#Singapore
    Regards,
    Krisprolls

#2 Posted: 15/2/2013 - 02:10

• ericgsmith

Joined Travelfish
    1st September, 2012
    Location New Zealand

Hi there. I'm in Chumphon at the moment doing that in the reverse direction, so yes as mentioned above it is very easy to do.

Although flying "isn't ideal" unless you are making a few stop offs in between it may be easier. They are some pretty long train rides!

#3 Posted: 16/2/2013 - 01:22

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

the normal guidebooks all have the info-also seat61, but that is strictly pro-train and avoids any possible negative about them.
    The QUICK way by land is a direct bus from HYai/south of TH-dep around 15/16.00) toward either JB (may be cheaper) or on to SIN. These buses use jalan tol in MY (I now sit in a Penang hostel) and bypass KUL. Thats around 5-6 hrs quiker as by train-change in KUL needed, direct nite-tren to KL from HYai by 16.00/MY=15.00/TH. Trains in MY are a lot better as in TH, but scarce-easy to book online-see seat61.

#4 Posted: 16/2/2013 - 04:14

• lillozza

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2013
    Location United Kingdom

Thanks for your help :) x

#5 Posted: 20/2/2013 - 17:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
rail fares butterworth to singapore ... By foxhound3rar on 4 Oct 2008 1 3618 27 Nov 2008