Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Where after Lanta??

• bartos

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2013

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend will be around the west side islands for 9 days starting next weeks flying to Phuket from Cambodia,
    We have stayed at Lanta before and will be returning as we loved it. I was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions similar kinds feel to Lanta close by that we could also visit bearing in mind we don't want to do to much travelling as these are the relaxing days of our trip!

We looked at koh lipe but it is too long on a ferry and it doesn't appear to be feesable to get to koh Tao in one day easily from Lanta.

Also we have stayed on phi phi before and although its good, just not what we're looking for this time. Same goes for Railey as we have been before.

Any ideas???

#1 Posted: 21/2/2013 - 07:55

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Muk, Ngai.

#2 Posted: 21/2/2013 - 08:27

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Try Koh Jum.

#3 Posted: 21/2/2013 - 10:41

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Quickest and least expensive from most parts of Lata would be Ko Jum, which is a pretty nice and very laid back island to the north, accessed off the Lanta to Krabi/Ao Nang ferries.
    You could stay on the ferry and go through to Krabi/Ao Nang for those places plus Railay and the climbers' beach Ton Sai.
    Approx the same cost and time will get you via regular ferry to Phi Phi.
    To the near south the Trang islands beckon and are not all that much further - Ngai, Kradan and Muk: all are worth a stay. Various modes of transport - Tigerline will drop you off as will SPB speedboat. The Trang Islands daytrip boat run by Petpaillin will be less expensive. If you are on one of the more southern beaches plenty of longtail snorkelling trips to these islands will take you down with a time saving because you go right off the beach and don't have to travel up to the pier at Ban Saladan. In December I got from Kantiang Bay to Ko Ngai a lot quicker than I could have reached any of the other above destinations. Kradan and Muk are probably only another 15 minutes.
    Finally Tigerline after Ngai, Kradan and Muk calls in at the mainland Had Yao pier adjacent to which the public longtails leave for relaxed Ko Libong. I also noticed on Tigerline's website they will get you to Libong but unless this involves dropping you at one of the beaches it doesn't represent the fair increase in price over Had Yao. I think there is a fair time gap too.

#4 Posted: 21/2/2013 - 19:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.