Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

where to stay on sukhumvit rd mar 24-26

• krysta_leea-
    nn

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2013

Going to bangkok and am looking for any suggestions for places to stay on Sukhumvit Road from mar 24-26 for 2 ppl around 900baht per night. would like a pool if possible! anyone been anywhere that you would suggest for us to stay at??

#1 Posted: 21/2/2013 - 20:44

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I like d'Pelican Inn. But it has no pool.

#2 Posted: 22/2/2013 - 04:06

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

900 baht hotels aren't going to have good pools. Likely small pool or none. Some of them look like big bath tubs.

#3 Posted: 22/2/2013 - 10:23

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

The Golden Palace has a decent enough pool, but I don't think it will fit your 900 baht per night target. It is listed on Travelfish, so you can at least have a look and see what you think. Maybe you'll find what you are looking for while you are poking around those listings as well.

If staying on Sukhumvit isn't critical, have a look at KT Guesthouse in the Din Daeng/Huai Kwang area. Their prices are usually less than the 900 baht you mentioned. Rooms are plain but comfortable. They have a good pool and a good restaurant, and it is in a nice working class neighborhood not too far from a traditional market and not too far from the subway. It isn't listed on Travelfish but you can google it.

#4 Posted: 22/2/2013 - 13:18

• boxee

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2008
    Location Singapore

i stayed at the Miami hotel a few years back the cost then was 700 baht per night , the pool was ok but the rooms were very old and basic
    i think it was in Sukhumvit 13

#5 Posted: 22/2/2013 - 21:25

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

#6 Posted: 22/2/2013 - 22:15

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

#7 Posted: 22/2/2013 - 22:30

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

nice suggestion on the imm fusion sukhumvit. looks like it gets good reviews too. it's on the eastern end of sukhumvit, but quick enough to travel in on the skytrain if needed.

sorry to hear about the golden palace, but not surprised. the rooms were getting a bit long in the tooth. i loved the downstairs coffee shop though.

#8 Posted: 22/2/2013 - 22:39

• krysta_leea-
    nn

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2013

i was searching on agora and found quite a few places on sale for around 900B. has anyone used this site? is it good?

#9 Posted: 23/2/2013 - 08:56

• boxee

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2008
    Location Singapore

@krysta do you mean agoda , is this is what u mean,if yes the site is ok, but after using it few times i am not sure if you cannot get a better price direct from most hotels, the prices u see are just the 1st price , when u go to the final payment other charges are added like tax so at 1st it seams like the room is great value , then by the end maybe not so great .

#10 Posted: 23/2/2013 - 18:11

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

Agoda is OK- but you loose ALL money if you do not turn up or change plans.
    The low budget HTLs (and what above says- you can get easily less as half of 1000THB for good rooms-but not really in this area) most times have the same price if walk-in, book online or whatever. BIG price disocunts can mostly only be had for 4/5* HTls- those listed prices say nothing at all anyway. Also try sites like hostelbookers or hostelworld- they also do single rooms, but in bekpek-aimed places.
    Also it appears to me that Asians often have quite different ideas about HTLs as westerners-and then again different between all kinds of Aseans. What someone rec-s here may be very disappointing for them. And why even go to BKK to stay poolside?

#11 Posted: 24/2/2013 - 03:54

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

have a look at booking.com, they include taxes on page 1 and often have free cancellation if done 72 hours before the date. some of the others rarely if ever offer this.

#12 Posted: 24/2/2013 - 06:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.