Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ferry from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani?

Posted by adammcintyre on 27/2/2013 at 05:54

Just wondering the best way to book a ferry from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani?

Is there enough ferries arriving and leaving to just turn up at the ferry port or should I prebook through one of tourist people?

I'm always rather skeptical of the prices these tourist people give as they've gotta be getting their cut from somewhere... especially for them to be so popular...

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

#1 adammcintyre has been a member since 4/7/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 53
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by 9preciousGems on 27/2/2013 at 14:19

unless it's around songkran just turn up and go

#2 9preciousGems has been a member since 13/1/2011. Posts: 82

Posted by tezza on 27/2/2013 at 17:24

Ditto. The vehicle ferries (which tend to be least expensive) are relatively huge - it would be hard to imagine they would not have room for one or two more passengers.
And kidding the Thais have ever knocked back extra passengers. Many of us have been in 10 seater minivans with maybe 20 passengers. Not to mention a mountain of luggage.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by adammcintyre on 3/3/2013 at 20:43

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation to this.

I booked a flight from Surat Thani to Bangkok with AirAsia, paid on my credit card and it worked straight away, receiving a confirmation within minutes.

I then booked another flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, using the same credit card and still (12 hours later) haven't received a confirmation.

So I have just logged in and found that my booking status is currently "Pending Confirmation"

Has anyone ever had this?

#4 adammcintyre has been a member since 4/7/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 53
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.