Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Visa - Limit?

• SBKM

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2012

Hi all,

Are there a maximum number of tourist visas I can get for Thailand over the space of a calendar year?

I've already used a 30 day on arrival, and with my current plan we will be using a 15 day visa before heading off to Indonesia and then finally another 30 day visa just before making the journey home.

Will I encounter any issues with this?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 28/2/2013 - 05:17

• Advertisement

• squaretheci-
    rcle

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2011
    Total reviews: 5

If you're talking about 30 days or 15 days, I presume you mean the visa-free stamps you get on entry to the country. I take it you're currently planning to head back to Thailand on the 15 day visa-free stamp, then flying to/from Indonesia, and finally getting another 30-day stamp on arrival back in the Thailand airport?

If this is the case there should be no problem since it's obvious you're traveling.

#2 Posted: 28/2/2013 - 05:38

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

No limit on the number of re/entries to Thailand, either visa-exempt (30 days by air, 15 days by land) or with a Tourist Visa obtained at a Thai Embassy/Consulate (usually 60 days, extendable 30 days). Play by the rules and they will let you in, again and again. That is assuming your nationality is on the "friendly list" (Eurozone, North America, Aus/NZ/SA, etc.)

#3 Posted: 28/2/2013 - 11:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.