Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand transport from Prachin Buri to Pak Chong

• tamarayork

Joined Travelfish
    27th February, 2013

Hi fellow travellers,

Does anyone know if we can get from Prachin Buri to Pak Chong on public transport?

#1 Posted: 3/3/2013 - 22:03

• Advertisement

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

There may be minivans. If not, you can always hire some transport.

Transport in and around Prachin has changed a lot over the last year. Prachin and Nakhon Nayok are no longer serviced by buses, only minivans.

#2 Posted: 6/3/2013 - 08:41

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

1.of course- one can ALWAYS travel by public transp between any 2 pairs of larger towns- depends on which towns if that is easy, direct or not. Go to busstation and look lost-someone will find you.
    2.think that tilapia is a bit too harsh- just the other day I still saw the blue big bus BKK-Prachin here. The main no-so route is Chantaburi-Khorat, does not serve Prachin, but runs via Sra Keao and there is also Chantaburi-Buriram. Also many buses Cholburi (some coming off Pattaya-Rayong) via Chachoengsao to Khorat-skirting Pak Chong/parks.

#3 Posted: 7/3/2013 - 01:59

• Tilapia

Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Places visited:
    At least 113

No buses to Prachin any longer, or to Nakhon Nayok. That info comes from my old neighbours who live there. Also, I was there 4 weeks ago, and was not able to get there on any blue bus. Only by minivan or train. The old bus station has been moth-balled.

#4 Posted: 7/3/2013 - 08:13

• tamarayork

Joined Travelfish
    27th February, 2013

Thank you for your input, maybe hiring private transport is the best way to go, our other option I guess is to go the long way round from Aranyaprathet to Nakon Ratchasima and onto Pak Chong that way, but it is a lot longer basically most of the day on a bus and I was trying to avoid that.

#5 Posted: 7/3/2013 - 18:29

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

So you're in Aranyaprathet now (or will be soon) I take it?

Not certain, but I would guess you could go to Sa Kaeo first and switch to a bus to Saraburi, then again from there to Pak Chong. Of course, that would probably end up taking just as long as if you went direct from Aran to Khorat and on from there. Still, I'd check at Aran bus station and see if there's anything straight to Saraburi as that would be quicker. Definitely plenty of buses and vans from there to Pak Chong.

#6 Posted: 7/3/2013 - 22:32

• tamarayork

Joined Travelfish
    27th February, 2013

Yes we will be coming from Aranyaprathet and I was trying to find a way from there to Pak Chong via Prachin Buri, thanks for your input I will check it out. We were going to catch the train to Prachinburi and then cross through Khao Yai National Park to Pak Chong. But it looks like it is not possible unless we take private transport and I have no idea how to do that or what the cost would be. I am unsure about how to take a mini van.

#7 Posted: 7/3/2013 - 23:34

• tamarayork

Joined Travelfish
    27th February, 2013

Ok it looks like it will be by mini van from Prachin Buri to Pak Chong so where would I find a mini van, would I just ask at our hotel or around the town somewhere?

#8 Posted: 15/3/2013 - 21:15

• Tilapia

Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Someone at your hotel would know for sure. But the minivans don't have a "minivan terminal." They make lots of stops around town, mostly along the main strip. So you'll likely find them stopping at the Railway Station, near the old Bus Terminal, market, then across the river by the government admin offices and the Technical school.

#9 Posted: 18/3/2013 - 14:22

• tamarayork

Joined Travelfish
    27th February, 2013

Thanks for your help :)

#10 Posted: 19/3/2013 - 01:36

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.