Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Help please - Tongsai Bay or Napasai resorts

• ndecost1

Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2007

Thanks to those of you who responded to my recent forum.

We are deciding between Tongsai Bay Cottages resort in Choengmon beach OR Napasai (an Orient Express Hotel) on Ban Tia beach near Maenam.

We are totally stuck between the two. Any recommendations you have would be appreciated. This is for our honeymoon so we want the must luxurious place possible with a beautiful and clean beach. We don't care much for the nightlife - just a beautiful resort with great amenities.

I was referred to Sila Evason and while it looks great - it is out of our price range. We're willing to spend $400 US a night but probably not more than that. Thank you!!!

#1 Posted: 14/6/2007 - 05:10

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Tongsai Bay is pretty old now and doesn't have the well polished finish that Napasai does, and between those two I'd go with Napasai.

Sila Evason is outrageously expensive -- when I visited, one of the "rooms" I saw was the presidential suite -- going for something like 70,000B a night -- incredible spread, but I have no idea who pays those kinda rates - presidents I guess!

#2 Posted: 14/6/2007 - 08:49

• ndecost1

Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2007

Thanks somtam2000 for responding. So then you'd recommend staying in Napasai?

I don't know anything about Orient Express hotels, but I'm assuming the service will be good since they're supposed to be 5 star resorts. It's so hard to tell what hotels are luxurious on the websites. We're trying to splurge on our honeymoon but we don't want to pay the $500 rate for Sila Evason (and those are the cheapest rooms).

#3 Posted: 14/6/2007 - 20:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.