Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Advice for Thailand Trip

• jamesonaugu-
    st

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2013

Hey there,

i was planning a trip to Thailand in the month of august I wanted to know the best places to visit and hotels at budget in Thailand.i will be staying there for 5 days and fly to Bangkok and then travel the country side. Is there anything i need to know?

#1 Posted: 7/3/2013 - 07:37

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Yes, you need a lot more than 5 days to see much at all. Might as well just stay in Bangkok and do a few tours.

#2 Posted: 7/3/2013 - 07:57

• 2Peas

Joined Travelfish
    10th November, 2012

5 days? that's just enough for 1 place.

#3 Posted: 7/3/2013 - 08:36

• Iqra

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2013

What is the best time to visit Thailand, Bangkok and Pattaya?

#4 Posted: 8/3/2013 - 02:58

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

James - I concur with the others. Five days? No point in even leaving Bangkok. There's a ton to see and do there and you don't want to waste any of you approximately 120 hours in buses or trains.

#5 Posted: 8/3/2013 - 06:36

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

I think you should go to the Phillipines and Indonesia as well.

#6 Posted: 8/3/2013 - 07:38

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hi James,

As the others have said, you could easily spend five days just having a look around Bangkok. But if you want to get out of the city a bit, some fun and easy choices are Ayutthaya for temples and history and a bit of backpacker vibe, Mahachai, Koh Samet for a quick beach trip, or Kanchanaburi for the Bridge over the River Kwai stuff. If I were to pick just one, I'd probably pick Ayutthaya, but where to do depends on what you like to do. Be sure not to try and squeeze too much into the time you've got, so you don't spend more time getting places than actually doing stuff.

There are good listings on the website for hotels to give you an idea of quality and price. There are also several sample itineraries in the intinerary section if it turns out you've got extra time. Those samples will give you ideas of fun places to visit, about how long you'd need in each place, and the time needed to get there. Have a good trip. Cheers.

#7 Posted: 8/3/2013 - 21:41

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I'll second Ayudahya. Maybe Kanchanaburi to pay your respects to the men who died for our freedom. Some nice scenery there too.

#8 Posted: 9/3/2013 - 22:29

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

He'll probably try to sell you a tour. Be careful.

#9 Posted: 12/3/2013 - 21:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.