Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travel advices

• nicchab

Joined Travelfish
    9th March, 2013

Heya!

Im heading off to thailand (from singapore) for a small week (I know it's quite short but I couldnt do longer) And I was wonderng if you had any must see places . I will arrive in bangkok on the 19th of march and would like to spend a few days there before trying another city

Thank you

#1 Posted: 10/3/2013 - 09:47

• Advertisement

• Drew84

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2011

my two cents is that it would be a horrible waste to spend a few days in bangkok. again, just my opinion so take with a grain of salt

#2 Posted: 10/3/2013 - 11:49

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

There are a few good thoughts already going on this forum you'll want to check out:

http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/thailand/21310_advice-for-thailand-trip

#3 Posted: 10/3/2013 - 18:35

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

See Exacto's comments in the link given by Caseyprich.

For 5 days (does that mean 4 nights?), you might want to just stick around Bangkok for the entire time and make a couple day trips. Ayuthaya, as mentioned by Exacto, is a good one, as is a place called Mahachai. You can do a very good, easy, and fun daytrip there from Wong Wian Yai station in Thonburi. It's also very cheap. Mahachai is Thailand's largest seafood port, and the town, around the water, is loaded with great fresh and dried seafood markets, and a couple of very good seafood restaurants close to the pedestrian ferry. The train to get there costs 10 baht.

#4 Posted: 10/3/2013 - 19:31

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

when i lived in bangkok, i did similar length or even shorter trips to singapore, kuala lumpur and the cameron highlands, and hong kong and macau. they were amazing visits and i'm really glad i went. besides, it's only a 2-hour flight to bangkok from singapore. i think you'll have a great time in thailand during those five days.

you'll have time for bangkok and one or two nearby day trips/overnights. if you've never been to thailand, i'd recommend ayutthaya for sure. that day trip Tilapia mentions to Mahachai is a real winner too. search the Travelfish website for previous message board threads on how to get there. it should be fun and easy. cheers.

#5 Posted: 10/3/2013 - 23:43

• nicchab

Joined Travelfish
    9th March, 2013

Hey!

thanks for the responds! and Yea I want to stay just a bit in bangkok as I was born there and would like to see where I used to live ^^
    I had chang mai in the back of my head, but is it too far? as i will be in for more than just 5 days, it will be 8 nights and 9 days (well minus 2 days, as one ill be arriving in the evening and the other travelling back home in the evening)

#6 Posted: 11/3/2013 - 04:59

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Yeah you can try another place. If you like beaches fly to Krabi or Trang. Flights only cost around 1200 baht.

#7 Posted: 11/3/2013 - 07:05

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

Chiang Mai is nice with lots of things to see and do there, can take night train there as well to lose little travel time on your short trip.

#8 Posted: 11/3/2013 - 12:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.