Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Booking through Hotels2Thailand

• magalaya

Joined Travelfish
    20th February, 2013

Hey everyone - my boyfriend and I are trying to book our hotel for the first portion of our trip to Bangkok - we have a later flight (get into Bangkok around 9 pm) and want to make sure we have a place to stay at least the first night. We're hoping to book Lamphu Tree House - we couldn't able to find it on Agoda but found it on a website called hotels2thailand (www.hotels2thailand.com) at a cheaper rate quoted on the Lamphu Tree House website. Does anyone have experience with this booking website? Or any other good ones that we should be looking at?

#1 Posted: 16/3/2013 - 20:31

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I don't know about that website, but you could also try http://www.asiarooms.com/ - I've used them with success in the past.

When comparing the rates on the booking sites, make sure you know whether the price is inclusive of taxes, credit card charges, etc. Sometimes they only quote the base rate, then add the taxes, etc as you are completing the booking. This could be one reason why the booking site appears to be cheaper than the guesthouse's all website.

Also you could email the guesthouse directly and ask/confirm their rate. I did this on a couple of places by asking for the price for one person, no breakfast included, for 2 nights. Several times I had them email me back with prices better than those quoted on their website. Excluding breakfast made a $15 difference in some cases when their published rates include it. Then I'd go up the road and get a better quality one for a fraction of the price!

#2 Posted: 16/3/2013 - 22:04

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Also look at www.hostels.com and www.hostelworld.com - they also list guesthouses, hotels, etc - not just hostels.

#3 Posted: 16/3/2013 - 22:06

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

What month are you visiting Thailand? Hotel bookings are tight during high season but from May through late September it is possible to get some rooms with a walk-in. If you need hotel advice include your price range.

Arriving at 9 pm is early for Bangkok. There are many flights landing even after midnight. The Airport Rail Link is still running up to midnight. It connects with the Skytrain and subway.
    http://www.urbanrail.net/as/bang/bangkok.htm

There are hotels not far from the city rail service that you can walk to. Rail service does not go to Khao San Road area. You need one night if necessary you could call a few selected hotels from the airport and ask them to hold a room for you. There are hotels that book their own rooms using their own websites.

For one night you could choose a hotel near the Skytrain and not have to pay for a meter taxi.

Lub D Hostel.
    http://www.lubd.com/

Orchid Group Guest Houses.
    http://site.staywithorchid.com/main/3110/index.asp?pageid=13491&t=contact-us

Suk 11 Hostel.
    http://www.suk11.com/2008/OurPlace.html

Maxims Inn.
    http://www.maximinn.com/contact.html

Maxims, Orchid and Suk 11 are in the Nana area. Many restaurants to walk to, malls, nightlife and Skytrain stop. Streets are lively to past 2 a.m.

(There is a phone number for Lamphu on this link.)
    http://www.lamphuhouse.com/default.htm

Up to you.

#4 Posted: 20/3/2013 - 22:44

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

Forget HW, HB and those listed by that Alberd- these are the real pricey ones- ask double for a dormbed compared to the NOt on www walk-in old-style Khao sarn singles. Besides: HW=HB ask for money to be paid- on booking.com you can see/book most (If the panick is so big you need to reserve in your mindset) oif the same places without that.
    Nana area is prime sex-tourist area, but also with BED and Q-bar (as if that were not girls for rent?) with rip-off prices for about anything.
    OP=Maga+ TELL for around what date- 100s of people arrive by that time and later and have no trouble at all finding unreserved rooms- in the same alley as that Lamphu are at least 20+ other places.

#5 Posted: 21/3/2013 - 03:38

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Places visited:
    At least 107

If they are flying into bkk at 9pm they aren't going to want to phaff around trying to find accom, esp if arriving on a long haul flight.

Do yourself a favour and book ahead.

#6 Posted: 21/3/2013 - 04:07

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

"those listed by that Alberd- these are the real pricey ones-...."

It is for one night! Using the Airport Rail Link and Skytrain saves about 200 baht compared to a meter taxi for KSR. Suk 11 has rooms starting at 500 baht. Orchid rooms start around 600 baht. I don't think these hotels/hostels are over priced!

Having a place to go to for the first night is a always a good idea!

#7 Posted: 21/3/2013 - 19:18

• Sawanna

Joined Travelfish
    24th March, 2013

I had booked show ticket at Siam Niramit and Phuket Fantasea thru Hotels2thailand.com last year. I didn't find any difficulty when went to the show. Live ticket redeem was so smoothly and I was also happy that our family received very competitive rate for 5 of us comparing to reserve directly to those.

#8 Posted: 24/3/2013 - 23:59

• magalaya

Joined Travelfish
    20th February, 2013

Thanks for the replies so far everyone!

To answer the questions...we're arriving in mid-April (April 22nd) and planning on spending 2-3 full days in Bangkok. We don't really want to fart around when we arrive, just want to get in and pass out and get ready to wake up nice and early the following morning to explore the city so we'll definitely be booking at least our first night in Bangkok (and maybe more...don't know if we are really into spending precious time securing accommodations as opposed to soaking in the city).

#9 Posted: 26/3/2013 - 00:35

• fondo

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2006
    Total reviews: 19
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Absolutely, why not? The online rates are often cheaper than the rack rates, so don't be alarmed by that. I'm sure that hotels2thailand are fine, I might have actually used them in the past but usually use asiarooms.com.

#10 Posted: 26/3/2013 - 05:05

• Advertisement

• LtColV

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2014

We used their website to book a 1 week stay in Bangkok during Christmas, 2013. We searched for available rooms and reserved a good rate at the Asia Hotel via Hotels2Thailand. We then flew 8000 miles and arrived at the hotel around midnight. The desk said our room had been cancelled, but they would provide us with a room at full price. We showed the Duty Manager our confirmation email from Hotels2Thailand, and he agreed to match our email price. We emailed this vendor's 24/7 customer contact line on the hotel's computer for a fee, but nobody replied for 30 minutes. Upon arrival back in CA, I received an email from Hotels2Thailand saying there weren't any rooms available, so my reservation had been cancelled and that my credit card would not be charged. Hotels2Thailand did not tell the Asia Hotel Duty Manager that it was they who cancelled my reservation or why. What a horrible business practice to imply rooms were available and accept payment, and then renege and void payment without alerting me immediately by phone. The Duty Manager had never heard of this vendor, but he salvaged my trip by accepting our email rate. I'll give my future overseas business to Agoda or Sawadee...

#11 Posted: 3/2/2014 - 00:28

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

use booking.com

no money up front.

#12 Posted: 3/2/2014 - 08:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.