Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Southern Thailand in 2-3 weeks?

• jennigun

Joined Travelfish
    25th December, 2012

Hello, my boyfriend and I will be in SEA for two months (May and June) and will be in Southern Thailand for 2-3 weeks. We like to hike, scuba, and be outdoors, but we also like to relax and soak up the culture. We'd like to have a rough travel plan, and I as hoping someone who has travelled in the area could help us out!

We will be flying in from Siem Reap and we would like to see Phang Nga bay, Khao Sok, Kao To and Kao Pha Ngan, Ang Thong National Marine Park, and maybe Krabi and Trang?

Do you have any recommendations about how to do the loop (we would ideally like to end in Ko Pha Ngan by June 23rd, and from there head back to Bangkok to catch our flight home on June 26th)?
    Are any of the sites definitely worth checking out, or are any of them skippable?
    Is there anything we are missing that we should check out?
    Finally - where should we fly into from Siem Reap?

Thanks so much!

#1 Posted: 17/3/2013 - 11:21

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Get a flight into Krabi or Trang and work your way over to Samui.
    Mook 3 nights
    Krabi 7 nights
    Samui/tao/KPN the rest

You can do a sidetrip to Khao Sok from Krabi but tours are expensive.

#2 Posted: 17/3/2013 - 22:45

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

Do the lake tour at Khao Sok. Imo it was probably the best scenery in south east asia. It is like Halong bay without the garbage, fog and tourists and surrounded by a beautiful jungle setting. Smiley bungalows has their own raft houses which were noticeably better then the shared ones closer to the cave and would recommend them although the 2nd day was fairly laid back.

I am guessing you are flying into Phuket, from there I would work your way to Krabi and see the stuff in that area. Then you can take a minibus from Krabi to Khao Sok (runs once daily), when finished at Khao Sok it is easy to jump on the next available bus to Surat Thani where you can get transport to the islands in that area.

#3 Posted: 18/3/2013 - 22:34

• jennigun

Joined Travelfish
    25th December, 2012

Hi Thanks so much - sounds awesome. Did you just arrange the lake tour upon arrival? Is that easy to do?

#4 Posted: 18/3/2013 - 22:48

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

Yeah I did it on arrival the day before tour. I would imagine you could do the same as well since it won't be high season. If you know what days you can easily book ahead as well but a day or two notice should be enough.

#5 Posted: 18/3/2013 - 23:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
2 Weeks in Southern Thailand - Ideas ?? ... By jimmy86 on 1 Apr 2009 5 3594 22 Apr 2009