Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

20 days in Thailand, where to go?! Help!

• Kat1428

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2013

Hi all Travelfish users,

My Husband and I are due to go to Thailand 24th April'13 until the 13th May'13. We have only booked our first 5 nights in Bangkok and hoping to see some more of Thailand.
    Ideally we would like to see a little bit of culture, an elephant trek or something similar and then spend time relaxing on beach enjoying street food, maybe some snorkeling and just enjoying time together, as my husband has been away in Afghanistan for 7 months.

We do not want to be rushed so do not want to be moving every 2 days!
    Also and idea on how much money we should take would be fab! We have no problems with staying in budget accommodation, but also do not mind having some mid range nights also.
    Is getting accommodation quite easy throughout Thailand if we turn up on the night?

Any advice would be fab, I am quite apprehensive about the trip as I am the kind of person that likes to plan everything down to the Tee so having as much info or a rough plan will help me!!

Thanks in advance
    Kat

#1 Posted: 21/3/2013 - 15:41

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Lots of hotels in Thailand. Cheaper resorts will offer discounts just by turning up but if you go 4 star and above online prices are the best.

If you want a nice big relaxing island I would suggest Ko Chang. A good resort will set you back 1000-2000 baht a night. They have elephant riding, a nice waterfall, various beaches and you can do a snorkelling trip to other islands nearby.

White Sands beach is the main beach area then you have Khlong Phrao and Kaibee which are more low key. South of there is Lonely beach which is more backpackers and the beach can get bad rips.

Have a look at booking.com, tripadvisor and this site for room ideas.

Kanchanaburi west of Bangkok is also worth a visit for a few days. It's located on the river kwai.

#2 Posted: 21/3/2013 - 21:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.