Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Yao Noi to Khao Sok

• daydreamfar-
    mer

Joined Travelfish
    22nd March, 2013

Hi -

I want to go to Khao Sok. I'll be leaving from Ko Yao Noi and would like to know the most direct route and means to get there (public bus or minivan) and how to arrange this. Would going through Phuket be best and what are the options? I'm also considering leaving from Phang Nga town. I've never been to either place so would need to know where and how to secure transport.

I'll appreciate any advice and thanks in advance.

#1 Posted: 22/3/2013 - 08:49

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Phang Nga is considerably closer to Khao Sok than Phuket , so if you can get a boat to there that would be a good approach, but I think (not sure about this as it has been some time since I've been to Ko Yao Noi that the boats to Phuket are more frequent. If you go to Phuket, you'd need to get transport from the boat landing to the main north-south road and then flag down any northbound bus heading to Takua Pa or Ranong. Change at Takua Pa for a Surat Thani bound bus and it will go right by the park entrance.

#2 Posted: 23/3/2013 - 17:23

• daydreamfar-
    mer

Joined Travelfish
    22nd March, 2013

Thanks for the tips somtam. I'm not positive but I think there's only 1 ferry going to Phang Nga per day. Could be 2 but I won't know for sure until I get there. I was hoping someone here would know. I asked about Phang Nga because it is closer as the crow flies but not sure if it's any quicker that way. I think I may have to re-post asking how to get from Phang Nga to Khoa Sok.

Thnaks again

#3 Posted: 25/3/2013 - 15:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.