Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Looking for a QUIET Thai island for August holiday

Posted by boosar on 23/3/2013 at 12:29

I am looking for a quiet Thai island with lovely beaches with bungalows rather than developed resorts. I want to travel with my husband and spend maybe 4-5 days somewhere but am aware that in August there may be a lot of rain. Can anyone recommend somewhere or tell me if I am better looking for somewhere in the Thai Gulf, Southern Thailand or West? Many Thanks

#1 boosar has been a member since 23/3/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by JaiYen88 on 23/3/2013 at 14:18

You are probably best off going to an island in the Gulf at that time of year. Koh Tao, Koh Samui and Koh Pha-Ngan are the 3 main islands in the southern Gulf, with Koh Tao being the one probably best suited to your needs since you prefer less development. That being said, all 3 are quite developed and have a wide range of accommodation, from budget bungalows to luxury resorts. Koh Pha-Ngan is where the Full Moon Party happens, so it caters more to a young backpacker party crowd, while Koh Samui is highly developed with lots of big resorts and a golf course etc.

#2 JaiYen88 has been a member since 25/4/2012. Posts: 110

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 24/3/2013 at 08:05

Tao is rather developed and not quiet unless you pick a real remote beach. It's more of an island for divers. Ko Samet is close to Bangkok and doesn't get much rain.

#3 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by guava_girl on 25/3/2013 at 00:43

The northeast coast of Koh Phangan is quiet and does not attract full moon party goers. Look at Bottle Beach, Thong Nai Pan and Than Sadet.

#4 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.