Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Where to buy Remy/Virgin hair piece

• janika

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2013

A growing amount of Remy/Virgin hair seems to come from Asia now...so I'm wondering if anyone knows a place in Bangkok I can buy it ( hopefully a bit cheaper than the websites that supply us in New Zealand! )

I also would like to hold it up to my hair to get the best colour match, I'm after a long blonde clip-in piece.

Reccomendations of places in Vietnam or Cambodia would also be very helpful indeed. Thankyou!

#1 Posted: 5/4/2013 - 04:45

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

This is a very interesting question and I actually googled it and from what I gathered you're after hairpieces made out of natural hair. That in itself is fine of course BUT you're after the color blonde and I can assure you that that is much harder to find in Asia.....

If color is not important (and you do the coloring yourself) I would suggest Myanmar or Thailand. In the poorer countries like Myanmar (I know for a fact that women sell their hair) and Cambodia (not sure but likely) the hair is being bought from women who want to make some easy money. I doubt whether the hairpieces are actually made there. To find those shops/factories you would have a better chance in Thailand (and Korea for sure).

Also bear in mind that this industry is almost exclusively for the export market (mostly Africa) and you don't find many shops selling such things in the region. Most asians don't have problems with their hair.

My best bet/advice would be to ask in a hospital in Bangkok or beauty shops that cater to ladyboys. For different reason they might know where to get it and point you in the right direction.

Good luck

#2 Posted: 5/4/2013 - 06:57

• katerina90

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2013

I ordered a wig and hair barrette online easternhair.I was given a choice of Asian Russia Brazilian or Indian hair. I liked the quality and delivered quickly.

#3 Posted: 6/10/2013 - 07:52

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

I'm no expert by any stretch, but I do recall seeing a handful of little shops selling natural hair wigs and extensions and such in Pratunam, Bangkok. Right about here if I recall correctly.

#4 Posted: 6/10/2013 - 08:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.