Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Are there any cheap wooden (or bamboo) boongalows on Phuket?

• zencooler

Joined Travelfish
    29th November, 2009

Hi friends.
    I am budget traveller and few months ago bought a cheap flight ticket to Phuket . I will spend there two weeks.
    I've been in Thailand two times, before and both times spent a great time in cheap boongalows near to the beach (first time on Koh Chang, second time on Koh Phayam).
    Is there any similar possibilities on Phuket? I know this is crowded island with a lot of spa resorts etc.. but I am looking for simple wooden or bamboo boongalows for a low price.
    Could you advice some solution, please? Is it possible on Phuket or I have to stay in some hotel (I would want to avoid this kind of places) :-)
    Thanks in advance for help!

Regards for all Travelfish fans!

#1 Posted: 7/4/2013 - 16:05

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

What's a boongalow? I know what a bungalow is but these other things sound cool :-)

Phuket isn't my cup of tea and I'd catch a ferry over to Krabi or Lanta. Lots of Boonies over at Lanta for budget prices.

#2 Posted: 7/4/2013 - 21:17

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Far north of the island, Mai Khao Beach -- has a couple (or did last year) plus camping. Ya Nui on the south coast, near Rawai has bungalows, but they're mostly wooden -- you'll still be paying 600 baht or so...

Also, off the beach, Phuket Town has some excellent guesthouses and the food is also great -- and quite affordable -- certainly moreso than the beaches.

Cheers

#3 Posted: 7/4/2013 - 22:10

• zencooler

Joined Travelfish
    29th November, 2009

Hi.

Thanks for a tips. Especially for somtam2000 recommendations :-)
    South cost proposal seems interesting (near to Rawai).
    Two questions:
    1. Is there a nice beach?
    2. How to get - in easiest (and cheap) way - from the Phuket airport to Rawai?
    I saw on some hotel ads there is a hotel transfer from the airport for 1000 THB, but I guess that there are other cheaper options?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

#4 Posted: 8/4/2013 - 06:55

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Ya Nui is a small, but nice beach. You can see a few pics of it in the left column on the main Ya Nui page.

From Phuket airport, you'd need to get the airport bus to Phuket Town (80 baht I think) then from Phuket town get one of the songthaews to Rawai or Nai Harn beach (around 30 baht). From there you'd need to get a motorbike taxi to Ya Nui - not sure on price -- maybe 100 baht?

Cheers

#5 Posted: 8/4/2013 - 17:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.