Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand Honeymoon

• allibali

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2013

Hey guys! My fiance and I are planning a honeymoon in Thailand in August for 18 days. We want to see/do a lot in that time so don't mind feeling a bit rushed as long as we do it all. We are adventurous and would love to do hiking, kayaking etc. but also want a few days in a private beach or pool villa. Our plan is to visit Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Khoa Sok, Koh Tao, and Koh Samui. My questions are....

What are the best things to do in each of these places? How many days do I need in each?

What are pretty reasonable private pool villa type hotels to stay at? If it isn't on my list I am open to other places/suggestions

Is there any really cool not so touristy places I should go to instead?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

#1 Posted: 7/4/2013 - 22:26

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

"Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Khoa Sok, Koh Tao, and Koh Samui. My questions are....

What are the best things to do in each of these places? How many days do I need in each?"

I didn't like Chiang Rai. It's very small with not much to do.

Chiang mai - do a trek.

Bangkok - Wat Arun, grand palace, national museum, markets, food etc

Krabi has good kayaking trips to thalen bay and bor thor. I'd fly there rather than Samui. Samui is mega touristy and more expensive. Tao is a small divers island and also touristy.

#2 Posted: 8/4/2013 - 07:37

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

I agree to skip Samui, though don;t go to Krabi, as it will be monsoon season over there. The north coast of Koh Phangan is a good alternative. Thong Nai Pan Noi has a couple of 5-star hotels if you want to stay in luxury, while Thong Nai Pan Yai and Than Sadet offer more budget-friendly accomodations.

Not sure how nice Khao Sok will be in August due to weather but there will still be things to do, though be prepared to get wet.

#3 Posted: 8/4/2013 - 21:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.