Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phuket to Koh Lanta Ferry?

• samrolli

Joined Travelfish
    8th April, 2013

Hi,

I live in Chiang Mai with my wife, we have some family visiting in May and will be staying on Koh Lanta for 5 nights. We are flying into Phuket and spending our first night there and then I was hoping to take a ferry to Koh Lanta from Phuket.

I've looked a little bit at Ferries that you can book online and they seem really expensive (1100baht+) for the full trip, I understand that they stop at Koh Phi Phi on the way which I don't have a problem with. But I am trying to find something thats cheaper or at least a little bit better priced. Wondering if it is better to buy the tickets at the pier? or on the beach somewhere? Or if anyone knows of some cheaper options that would be great!

Thank you!

#1 Posted: 8/4/2013 - 05:30

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Tickets are normally cheaper on the ground but I havent done that route for some years so not sure of current prices. I would have thought a few hundred baht each. Be easier to fly into Krabi. From there you can ferry it or bus/short ferry.

#2 Posted: 8/4/2013 - 07:34

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Pretty sure the ferries to Lanta stop running May-October, in which case you have to get there by road via Krabi and two short vehicle ferry crossings from the mainland.

#3 Posted: 8/4/2013 - 23:36

• chocgirl

Joined Travelfish
    9th March, 2010

I am only aware of Tigerline ferry that goes down Andaman coast: Phuket to Langkawi, with stops at ao PP, Lanta, Lipe? It runs between November and April only, as Captain Bob already indicated.

#4 Posted: 9/4/2013 - 04:34

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Yes Tigerline, but also the standard ferries Krabi-Lanta and PhiPhi-Lanta usually stop May-October
    http://www.lanta-islands.com/getting-to-lanta.php
    http://www.lantainfo.com/getting_ko_lanta_krabi.htm
    http://www.welovekohlanta.com/ferries
    etc...

#5 Posted: 9/4/2013 - 09:18

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Not sure whether they stop april 30 or mid May. But if Lanta is your priority then flying into Krabi makes a lot more sense.

#6 Posted: 9/4/2013 - 09:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Passenger ferry Lanta ... By foieslinger on 3 Mar 2010 2 889 5 Mar 2010
Updated Krabi-Lanta Ferry information? ... By rhingo on 31 Oct 2008 1 1799 1 Nov 2008
Ferry to Phi Phi from Phuket ... By jessie604 on 5 Jan 2008 1 2136 6 Jan 2008