Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Satun islands

• steveanding-
    rid

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2007

Sawadee Kop,

Has anyone traveled the southern islands of Satun Province by boat/ferry?

Our nephew was an exchange student in Trang in 2002. We met the mother at the Trang airport in '03 quick tour exchanged small presents and she arranged tranist to the dock and we stayed 3-4 days at Charlie's on Ko Muk, ksyaked to the E/cave one morning and visited Kraden then ferried to Lanta for a week.

Last night at dinner the nephew said that the Dad arranged for a basic boat for the family of 6 plus 2 crew and visted the southern islands as far down to the National Park, he indicates that there are 50+ islands to visit. He will be contacting the family to inquire as to the availability/cost of that type of trip presently. My wife and I will be leaving Bangkok on Jan. 3rd 2008 and flying into Krabi or Trang to begin a 15+ day visit to Lanta and islands south.

Has anyone traveled to the islands south of Muk by boat or ferry recently, and have any info, advice, warnings?

If/when I receive info from the Trang family I will post.

Pack it in, Pack it out.
    Steve, Canada

#1 Posted: 22/6/2007 - 05:23

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Steve,

That's a terrific way to get around from island to island -- especially in January when the waters are very calm. See if you can't work in Ko Hin Ngam -- it has a pebble stone beach -- legend has it that anyone who takes a stone (they're very smooth, dark stones) from the beach is cursed. One of my party scoffed at the warning and the next day was over-run by a longtail -- she returned the stone!

Only warning would be to pack loads of sunscreen!

#2 Posted: 22/6/2007 - 07:53

• steveanding-
    rid

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2007

Somtam,

Thanks for your quick reply and advice.

Steve

#3 Posted: 22/6/2007 - 08:44

• marineboy

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2007

Thats the place! I don't really want to let the secret out, BUT Ko Kradan is so beautiful!! You can see the Trang coast and Ko Muk (Charlie Resort) from Kradan. I took my son here and the Emerald cave, both fantastic places. If you dive its also very good.
    We stayed on Ko Lanta over Christmas and had a holiday from heaven! Top notch place.

#4 Posted: 22/6/2007 - 16:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.