Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travel buddies to travel to Thailand in July or August

• asifpatel

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2013

Hi,
    I am planning to visit Thailand in mid July or august for 15 days, i am travelling alone so looking for few travel buddies to join me, plan is to form a group of 4 to 5 people, it would be fun in a group rather then travelling alone.

My dates are flexible and i have not booked anything yet, I am still in the process of doing some research on what all places to visit so if any one has a plan that would be great.

I have lots of travel experience visiting diversified places in India, i can easily jell-up with different cultures and get adjusted to different food easily.

My plan is not to book any hotels in advance and have a luxurious holiday, Instead I prefer to explore each place, get the best bargains, try local food, Travel by bus or train and get first hand experience of true Thailand and learn about local people and culture and would also love to try some adventure if possible

So if any one looking for adventure filled roller-coaster kind of travel experience then drop me a mail.

I have worked out the budget for 15 days and it would be roughly around

10000 TBH to 12000 TBH or

$ 350 USD to $ 400 USD

I am waiting for few like minded people to join me before i finalize the dates.

#1 Posted: 13/4/2013 - 12:19

• Advertisement

• Arikara1985

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2013

I arrive in Bangkok on August 18th. I'm going for 5 weeks (plan to spend about half it in Cambodia). First time on a trip like this and going solo as well.

#2 Posted: 14/4/2013 - 14:43

• asifpatel

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2013

Hi Arikara

Good to know you too going to bangkok, is your date final, have you already made the bookings, or you are still flexible with the dates.

have you already formed a group and worked out entire travel plan. let me know what you plan.

I am waiting for few people to come together and decide on common dates and we all fly on those dates and join the group.

I am also looking forward to setup a chat room where we all how have finalized can come in at common time have a group discussion and make a proper plan and know each other and clear each others doubts.

#3 Posted: 14/4/2013 - 23:23

• Scubasteve8-

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2013

Hi Guys,

Good luck on your trip. I lived in Thailand for a year and it is a wonderful place. You can negotiate some very decent quarters if you're careful. It's going to be super hot when you're going, so cheap air-conditioned rooms will be in shorter supply. Also, you'll be getting some of the rainy season. It pours almost daily at times, so be prepared. I may be going back the beginning of December. It's the time of the King's birthday and they also celebrate Christmas in a festive way.

#4 Posted: 15/4/2013 - 00:05

• Arikara1985

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2013

It's already all booked so dates aren't flexible. I leave Alberta, Canada August 16th and arrive on the 18th, I head home on September 21st (might be staying longer, figure for every $2,000 more I save I can do 2 more weeks (covers my bills back home as well)). I posted a thread already with a rough draft of my itinerary. I'm still open on where to go and what to see but I know I will be spending at least 2 weeks in Cambodia.

#5 Posted: 15/4/2013 - 00:46

• asifpatel

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2013

Hi Scubasteve8-88

Thanks for you valuable advice, I have a option of either to go in july or august can you suggest which month will be the best and is it worth going in this months, it should not happen i land in Thailand when all the crowd has vanished and most of the restaurants and hotels are closed especially beach side night life, i dont want to miss anything. so can you please advice

thanks and regards

Asif Patel

#6 Posted: 15/4/2013 - 03:42

• asifpatel

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2013

Hi Arikara1985 as my dates are not yet finalized i will get back to you as soon as I finalize the dates lets see if our dates are matching then we can join.

Have you found any travel partners or you are going to be all alone.

#7 Posted: 15/4/2013 - 03:45

• brianmcquil-
    lan

Joined Travelfish
    15th April, 2013

Hi Dear

Thailand is truly amazing, a country that has something for everyone. With Bangkok as its capital city, Thai culture can be found in sculpture, architecture, music, dance and cuisine. Every region of the country is so full of myriad of attractions that makes sometimes difficult where to choose from. To catch the glimpses of this and much more just take low fare price to Bangkok and enjoy its cultural diversity.

#8 Posted: 15/4/2013 - 06:37

• Scubasteve8-

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2013

Hi Asif,

August has more rainfall, so I would recommend starting in July. There is allot of flooding in September, which can hinder travel. I recommend you learn some of the language. I lived there in 2007 and went back in 2009 for a visit. I used some CDs I bought cheap on Amazon to brush up on my language. It especially helps for negotiating. Tourists are called "Farangs". It's a derogatory term, even though they tell you a story of how a Farang is a "rare fruit". I tested out how cheaply I could live. I found an air-conditioned room for $8 US Dollars a day. You can also get some really cheap good street food. The safest is boiling hot noodle dishes. Guitio Nam Guy (translation is Noodle Water Chicken) was my favorite, seasoned with Thai Chili Powder.

#9 Posted: 16/4/2013 - 00:33

• Osho

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2013

Hi...asif and scuba
    i am also travel in august 2013...my dates are 11 august to 25 august.....i also visited thiland many times.....but travel company is good one,,,,,,,Asif when you are going?

#10 Posted: 27/5/2013 - 06:14

• Advertisement

• Travelguy76

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2013
    Location Global Village

Hi all.... I'll be landing in bangkok on July 12th, stay for the weekend, and then head straight down to koh tao for diving for 4 or 5 days, koh phagnan for the full moon fiasco, then koh samui for a couple days, then probably fly from there to either bangkok or chiang mai. I'm down to meet up with whoever wants to....I'm a super laid back Californian, going to thailand to teach english and soak up the culture. If anyone's interested, hit me up, and we'll exchange info. Happy travels!

Brent

#11 Posted: 4/6/2013 - 22:38

• mcgemc

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2013

Hi,
    I'm arriving in Bangkok on 27th June and staying in Thailand until 30th July. I'm only planning to hang around Bangkok to get rid of jetlag as I've visited before so will be moving after a couple of nights.
    Other than that I have no sets plan, I will definitely be heading to Koh Tao at some point to do some diving as I've been there before and loved the dive place I used last time. But I haven't seen much else of Thailand and hopefully plan things as I go.

Let me know if any of these dates fit it with any of yours.

#12 Posted: 6/6/2013 - 16:36

• Travelguy76

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2013
    Location Global Village

Mcgemc- I'm planning on diving on ko tao around the 16th to 21st of July. If you want to meet up and share a nicer hotel rather than a hostel, and have a dive buddy to boot, I'm on board. I've never been to thailand, so it would be great to go with someone who has. I'm a very go with the flow, laid back Californian with 100+ dives under my belt, including cave diving in Mexico, and have had a max depth of 162ft in the Turks and Caicos islands. Let me know if you're interested.

Brent

#13 Posted: 7/6/2013 - 01:15

• mcgemc

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2013

You sound more advanced than I am! I've only done about 20 dives so I'm deciding between just doing 'fun dives' or getting something out of it and doing my PADI Advanced Open Water. But that is probably around the dates I would be looking at Koh Tao, so it would definitely be good to have someone to meet there.
    I can't claim to know too much about Thailand but it was Koh Tao, Pangnan and Samui that I visited in the past. Have you looked at any of the dive providers on Koh Tao?

Gemma

#14 Posted: 7/6/2013 - 12:24

• michelled

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2013

Hey, I am flying to Thailand alone on 1st July and staying a month.

Looking for anyone to travel round with, quite open to plans, never been travelling before.
    I am 21and just graduated from university

Michelle

#15 Posted: 9/6/2013 - 03:38

• Travelguy76

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2013
    Location Global Village

Hi Gemma

I'm just going for some fun diving, so no need to be concerned about the differing experience levels. This is my first real vacation in a longggg time, so I'm not in a rush to do anything but relax, have fun, and enjoy the pace of island life :)
    As far as tour operators go, I've heard conflicting stories about a variety of places, from a variety of sources. Big Blue, Ban's, and Coral Grand are a few of the ones I hear most frequently....furthermore, it is my understanding that if you stay and dive through a particular resort, you can get discounts on accommodations, so that's a plus and worth looking into.
    Anywho, lets keep in touch as the date gets closer, and we'll see where the winds of travel take us :)

Brent

#16 Posted: 9/6/2013 - 18:16

• Travelguy76

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2013
    Location Global Village

Michelle

Good luck and welcome to the world of traveling by the seat of your pants! :) I know the feeling of being a first timer, and the only thing I can say for certain, is that it will change your life in ways you haven't even imagined yet. Just keep an open mind, open heart, and be willing to take the occasional leap of faith....it'll help you grow and appreciate even more, this amazing planet we all live on. If you're interested, mcgemc (Gemma, see above) and I are talking about meeting up on koh tao in the middle of July. Even if you're not a diver, it's always nice to know people who are in the same place, just in case. Nevertheless, I think most backpackers look out for one another, so I'm sure it'll be an amazing adventure regardless. Happy and safe travels!

Brent

#17 Posted: 9/6/2013 - 18:24

• mcgemc

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2013

Hey Brent, yeah Big Blue was who I went with last time. I was on my own for the first time and loved the atmosphere there so I'm pretty sure I'll be going with them again. But yeah we'll keep in touch, only two weeks until I fly out!

Hey Michelle,
    I arrive in Bangkok the 26th June, what are your plans when you arrive? I think I may head north first to see Chang Mai etc. but I'm going to see where the wind takes me.

Gemma

#18 Posted: 13/6/2013 - 08:16

• Travelguy76

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2013
    Location Global Village

Gemma- two weeks to go? I'll be right behind ya! I'm beyond excited :) this is going to be a life altering experience, I can feel it already....any suggestions on where I should stay in bangkok for a few nights? I'd like to see Manchester United play in bangkok on Saturday night, and head off to koh tao Sunday. Thoughts?

#19 Posted: 14/6/2013 - 02:38

• suanyin

Joined Travelfish
    20th June, 2013

Hey, I'll be arriving Krabi on 11th of July and I'm traveling alone. I'll be spending a week there and I might go to Phuket as well since it's really cheap to travel from Krabi to Phuket by bus.
    I'm 22, female, chinese, from Malaysia. This is my first time traveling alone, though I'm actually living in Indonesia alone as a student. The reason I'm going to Thailand is to relax during my university semester break. I don't really have plans yet, so I'm pretty flexible with anything.

Suan Yin

#20 Posted: 20/6/2013 - 14:19

• suanyin

Joined Travelfish
    20th June, 2013

Hey, I'll be arriving Krabi on 11th of July and I'm traveling alone. I'll be spending a week there and I might go to Phuket as well since it's really cheap to travel from Krabi to Phuket by bus.
    I'm 22, female, chinese, from Malaysia. This is my first time traveling alone, though I'm actually living in Indonesia alone as a student. The reason I'm going to Thailand is to relax during my university semester break. I don't really have plans yet, so I'm pretty flexible with anything.

Suan Yin

#21 Posted: 20/6/2013 - 14:19

• mcgemc

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2013

Hey Suan Yin,
    I hope to go to Krabi at some point, but I'm not sure on what dates I would be there yet. But I'll probably be checking in on here whilst I'm travelling so I can keep in touch.

Brent, I guess it depends on the kind of accommodation you're after. I'm staying near Koh San Road, a hostel called Nap Park- no idea what its like but it had good reviews. Last time me and my friend stayed on th Silom at a place called Smile Society, it was really nice there and the woman who runs it is so friendly and lovely. I would stay there again I just fancied being closer to Koh San Road this time, as I'm not exploring Bangkok too much.
    My friend recommended a couple of hotels near Koh San- one called Rambuttri village and another called buddy lodge. I guess I just wanted more of a hostel environment.
    That'd be cool to see Manchester United, it seems like no matter where in the world you are English football is everywhere!

#22 Posted: 20/6/2013 - 15:21

• clbroderick

Joined Travelfish
    24th June, 2013

HEY LOOKING FOR TRAVEL BUDDY TO TRAVEL THAILAND FOR 1-2MONTHS IN 2014 AFTER SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER TIME 2014

IF INTREASTED EMAIL ME clbroderick95@hotmail.co.uk

#23 Posted: 24/6/2013 - 10:12

• Travelguy76

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2013
    Location Global Village

Hey Gemma! By now, you're probably en route to the hostel, or there already....I'm champing at the bit to get there myself! Only two weeks to go, and I'll be in the Land of Smiles :)
    I looked into Nappark....looks like a nice place. Let me know how it is! When I get to Bangkok and get my new phone number, I'll message you, and we can figure out what to do at that point. Until then, have fun... See ya soon. :)

Brent

#24 Posted: 25/6/2013 - 23:13

• Moreez

Joined Travelfish
    30th June, 2013

Hi People,

I arrive in Bangkok on the 19th morning from Dubai, want to BK explore abit and party for at least 2 nights then either Pattaya or Phuket for 2 days Finaly ending up at the full moon party on Koh phangan on the 24th. Will stay on the island till the 27th then head back to dubai.

Haven't booked any accommodation except a room on Koh Phangan which were running our pretty fast.

Does my plan match anyones plans?? let me know would be good to have some company in bangkok and Koh phangan especially.

Hit me up m_githitho@yahoo.com

#25 Posted: 30/6/2013 - 03:56

• Smackenzie

Joined Travelfish
    2nd July, 2013

Hi, new to this forum lark. I arrive bangkok on the 10th July and would defo be up for some travelling companions!
    I'm solo female 25yo, done a bit of travelling before but first time to SEA.

Was thinking of heading north, doing some trekking and hopefully making it to Lao, maybe beyond...have to be back in bangkok for 27th July though, just a short trip for me! Have booked it all last min and done practically no research yet oops...
    Anyway let me know if any of u are around bangkok on the 10th/11th/12th :-)
    Sally

#26 Posted: 2/7/2013 - 19:59

• NowhereMan

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2013
    Location Global Village

Hi Sally

I'm arriving in Bangkok on Friday the 12th...I'm solo, from Los Angeles, moving to Thailand to teach english in Chiang Mai . I don't have to be in Chiang Mai until July 26th, so I'm open to pretty much anything for the two weeks I have free. I'd really love to get down to Koh Tao and do some diving in the morning, and jungle hiking in the afternoon ( or vice-versa ). But like I said, I'm always open to new ideas and adventure....if you're interested, let me know :)

Brent

#27 Posted: 6/7/2013 - 23:02

• NowhereMan

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2013
    Location Global Village

Hey Gemma! It's me, Brent. (Travelguy76... Lost my password, so I created a new profile). I'm arriving Friday morning in bangkok, still interested in heading down to koh tao? Hope you're having a great time so far!!

Brent

#28 Posted: 8/7/2013 - 09:30

• Smackenzie

Joined Travelfish
    2nd July, 2013

Hey Brent,
    Think I'm heading up to chaing mai on the 12th, hopefully not till late on a sleeper train (not booked...so probably a bus) so if your in early enough that day let me know if you wanna hang out. :-) since you'll be heading up to chaing mai for the end of the month I guess you won't fancy heading up with me.
    I'm also headed to Luang Prabang on the 16th so if you end up in laos let me know!
    Sally

#29 Posted: 8/7/2013 - 09:49

• NowhereMan

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2013
    Location Global Village

Evenin', Sally!

I get into bangkok at 8:35 am Friday, so if you'd like, we can meet up close to where your bus will be leaving from, and shoot the breeze for a while. :)

Hope you're having fun so far!!

Brent

#30 Posted: 8/7/2013 - 09:57

• Smackenzie

Joined Travelfish
    2nd July, 2013

Ok Brent, cool. Send a message on the day if your not totally knackered from the journey, I will keep an eye on my email and hopefully we can meet up! :-)
    Sally

#31 Posted: 8/7/2013 - 10:20

• NowhereMan

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2013
    Location Global Village

Sounds good Sally! I'll keep you posted :)

#32 Posted: 8/7/2013 - 10:31

• NowhereMan

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2013
    Location Global Village

Morning Sally.....bout to catch my flight from Singapore into bangkok.... If all goes well, I'll be walking out of the airport by 11:30... Did you book your trip up north yet? If not, give me a place and time to meet ya :)

#33 Posted: 11/7/2013 - 17:25

• mcgemc

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2013

Hi Brent, sorry I've not been on here for a while. I arrivd in Thailand a week later than originally planned, I'm still looking to go to Koh Tao but not sure if I will be there until about the 23rd now. When will you be arriving?
    Hope your trip has been good so far! I'm at the end of a week in Chiang Mai and now heading Krabi direction.

Let me know where you get to.
    Gemma

#34 Posted: 14/7/2013 - 06:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travel buddies in Thailand from 6th-16th, August ... By NganHoang on 5 Jul 2013 0 503 5 Jul 2013
Looking for Thailand/Malaysia/Bali travel buddies June/July 2013 ... By islandtravels on 21 May 2013 5 1695 13 Jul 2013
25 M UK, Thailand-Cambodia-Laos-Vietnam 6 weeks June-July 2012, looking for travel buddies ... By shervin87 on 9 Mar 2012 11 3400 20 Jun 2013
27/F/NYC seeking travel buddies on solo trip to Thailand (+Vietnam/Cambodia/Lao?) July 31-Sept 12 ... By passthatversace on 30 Jun 2012 14 3085 21 Aug 2012
29/f travel in thailand india july august ... By lunallenagr on 12 Jan 2012 6 1910 26 Jul 2012
27/f and 30/f looking for travel buddies through SEA - July 12-Aug 15 ... By byondthsea on 28 Jun 2012 5 1782 8 Jul 2013
Looking for travel buddies, landing in Bangkok on 8th July ... By NeilMc on 6 Jul 2012 1 887 10 Jul 2012
Travel buddies for Laos and Vietnam July/Aug 2013 ... By charlotte_fl on 16 Jun 2013 0 674 16 Jun 2013
M, 24 Landing in Bangkok July 11th, looking for travel buddies ... By dandanuk87 on 23 Jun 2012 16 1690 9 Jul 2012
Travel companion for Northern Thailand & Northern/Central Laos in July/August ... By msfrench001 on 21 Jun 2010 0 2932 21 Jun 2010