Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phuket, Koh Tao, Koh Sok info

• Ontheroad5

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2013

We will be traveling to Thailand the first week of June. We are flying into Phuket , renting a car, driving to Chumphon and boating to KoaTao. Our return trip will be through Koh Sok. Has anyone been on the overnight Jungle trip? Haven't decided if we want a one night or two or if it is worth the cost at all. There will be 5 adults mostly interested in outdoor activities. Any suggestions for places to stay or things to do would be appreciated. We are looking for hotel in Phuket near the airport and info on a night market in any of the towns we will be in.. Thanks!

#1 Posted: 14/4/2013 - 19:30

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Hope the car doesn't get stolen.

#2 Posted: 15/4/2013 - 09:45

• Ontheroad5

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2013

Really? Is that a problem over there?

#3 Posted: 15/4/2013 - 19:13

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

If you leave it for days in a carpark of course. You think Asians don't steal cars?

#4 Posted: 15/4/2013 - 20:30

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Anyone else think Leonard is very patronising?

#5 Posted: 16/4/2013 - 03:37

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

You think leaving a car for days in a carpark in a foreign country is a good move? Ok then.

#6 Posted: 16/4/2013 - 10:23

• Ontheroad5

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2013

OK, the most the car will be sitting at a carpark is one night....Otherwise, we will be going between destinations. I appreciate the concern and we will take every precaution we can. I should have been more specific on our plans. I will be one night in Chumphon, one on Koh Tao a couple at Koh Sok and then in Phuket. I would be interested in hotel recomendations and things to do.

#7 Posted: 16/4/2013 - 13:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.