Thailand forum

Cheap flights with Bangkok Airways

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Just thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention since Bangkok Airways is normally quite a bit more expensive than the region's budget airlines:

I just booked a last minute one-way flight to Krabi from Bangkok Air for 600 baht less than it would cost from Air Asia and 1,000 baht less than Nok Air (after all taxes/fees).

Searches for next week revealed that the BKK to Chiang Mai route with Bangkok Air is only 1,890 baht one-way (compared to 1,973 with Air Asia) and BKK to Phuket is 2,390 (compared to 2,243 on Air Asia). Bangkok Air still flies from Suvarnabhumi so you can also save cash by taking the airport link rather than a taxi, and unlike Air Asia, they allow checked baggage for free. It's fair to say that Bangkok Air is a superior airline in terms of service.

Bangkok Air's fares to Ko Samui and Siem Reap are exorbitant as usual, but Vientiane is looking great at 2,690 one-way.

#1 Posted: 21/4/2013 - 01:21

• Advertisement

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Thats great news, I've used Bangkok Airways a number of times and always found them to be worth the extra baht in terms of service food baggage etc. It's great to get an update that pricing is a lot more competitive. I just hope it dosen't flow down to what they do quite well, which is a small quality regional airline. One thing I enjoyed was use of their airport lounge at BKK, great after a night flight while waiting for your connection to regional Thailand.

Cheers

swag

#2 Posted: 21/4/2013 - 01:29

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

can go to DMK for free-if you hit the right red bus, or 5 bt for the train. AA has NO fixed prices- pretty easy with advance booking to get it lower as that quoted 1973.
    BKK-air has always-since at least 18 years now, halved normal fares for some non-SAMui routes in the ''low season''=Euro summertime.

#3 Posted: 21/4/2013 - 06:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cambodia to end Bangkok Airways domestic flights ... By travelfishnews on 28 Sep 2009 0 2832 28 Sep 2009
Cheap flights from Bangkok to Hanoi??? ... By anmi212 on 26 Mar 2008 1 2485 1 May 2008
Cheap Flights from Bangkok to Hanoi? ... By anmi212 on 26 Mar 2008 3 5141 15 Apr 2008
cheap flights from ho chi minh to bangkok ... By Kirsche on 24 Mar 2006 0 1881 24 Mar 2006