Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Chep cities and places to buy stuff, please advice!

• yayo12

Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2007

Hi everyone:

Im about to start (Id say my coolest trip so far) a journey to SEA in the upcoming weeks. Im thinking about visiting Malaysia (Where my plane would be arriving from the US), Then Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam.

I've read great things from the LP SEA on a shoestring travel guide but I haven’t found some info Im interested in. I know that SEA cities are really good at selling cheap stuff (original and copied) from a broad kind of goods. I just wanted some advice as to what are the cheapest cities (and places, i.e. markets, streets) so as to find these kind of products

So far I've heard about the weekends market in Bangkok being a great place to find and buy this stuff.

I know i'll be visiting KL twice (on my way into SEA and my way out), Bangkok definitely twice as well, but not the other countries. so...
    Where would you suggest I should shop for;
    electronics?
    clothing (tailor made suits, Bangkok , Hoi an, or ....?
    brand stuff (leather wallets, purses, stuff like that)?
    silk?

any other cool think I should take into consideration for the price and opportunity to find there will also be appreciated

Thanks

#1 Posted: 24/6/2007 - 03:55

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.