Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Beach City? Town?

• Starving_So-
    und

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2013
    Location United States

Alright. I finally made it to Thailand. And because of Delta's snafu it took me only all of three days. Then when I arrived in Bangkok I took a ten hour van ride to Chang Mai and enjoyed the water festival. Then took another van ride a couple of days later to Sattihip.

While staying with my family in Sattifhip they - instead of asking me to live with them which I made clear I don't want to do - suggested I stay in Pattya instead of Bangkok. I really don't want to - for a long time - but I do want to for maybe a month. After going to Pattya for a short time for its water festival I definitely don't want to live there and I haven't even seen Walking Street yet. But I do want to live in Pattya for a month. For the seafood and the beach and such. I want to take the zip line down off of the mall onto another building among other things. But I've heard the beaches in Pattya kind of blow chunks. Guess I'll take the bullet on that one. But now I have to decide where in Pattya. Can anybody give me any up to date info on where to do a short term stay. I don't want to spend more than 15K baht. but will do a little more than that if necessary. I saw an excellent room online somewhere but I forget where it was. The area I was thinking of was maybe near Hopf Brew House and I forgot the name of the restaurant. I love beer pubs but I hate the disco and I LOVE seafood. That's the only reason I want to be near those places but if there is an easy way to get there from elsewhere that'd be cool.

#1 Posted: 21/4/2013 - 05:34

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

can do for less-much less in fact. Good standard budget hotelroom-with small fridge, TV, AC. But-and I think it has already been told to you 3x (are USAers really THAT hard minded??) it is NOT online nor is there in fact any need to book online. As such thats even a bad idea in general for TH- check frist-deal/bargain-then decide.And learn that old frase: go AWAY from that beach-the further away, the lower the price. 350/400/N buys you such a room-places a plenty- easy to get lower longterm rate

#2 Posted: 21/4/2013 - 06:39

• Starving_So-
    und

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2013
    Location United States

Oh - I don't want to book online. I'm just looking for ideas about the areas these places are in. A starting point let's say. I already plan on doing footwork. And when I say short term I mean 15000 for the month. I failed to mention that part. My bad. I don't mind even splurging a bit for this month for a really nice place. I just want to know the less seedier parts of Pattaya.

Thanks.

#3 Posted: 21/4/2013 - 09:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Russada Pier in Phuket town to Mai Khao beach? ... By Louw on 17 Dec 2009 2 3494 17 Dec 2009
Suggestions for serene Thai/Burma beach town destination? ... By callarda on 21 May 2010 17 4989 11 Jun 2010