Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

bangkok 8th may

• ricardo4

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2013
    Location United Kingdom

Im arriving in bangkok wednesday morning for a few weeks in thailand, ive no real set plans except im guna stay in bangkok for a few days before heading south! How far is it from the airport to down town bangko k? And does anyone have any ideas where i should go and what to do the first few days? Im travelling alone if anyone would like to meet up!

#1 Posted: 21/4/2013 - 12:24

• Advertisement

• moodselector

Joined Travelfish
    3rd April, 2013

Ricardo,

Hey there, my name is Mark. I am also a first time traveller heading to Bangkok a few days after you.
    I arrive on the 14th May and al also looking for someone to travel south with as I am meeting a flight in Phuket on the 28th May.
    I am 24 and from Belfast in Ireland.

I would like to maybe stop at a few places on the way, or get to the south pretty quickly so that I could maybe get out to one of the Islands.

Let me know if any of this sounds good.

regards,

Mark

#2 Posted: 23/4/2013 - 10:47

• Rachel2612

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2013

Hey there, me and my gf are departing the uk 8th may and are heading to bangkok.
    We will be staying for a few days then heading south to the islands. We have nothing set in stone as of yet just 4 days in bangkok then free to travel south. Sounds
    Like we are doing a similar route to you.. This is our first time in south east asia :)

#3 Posted: 23/4/2013 - 15:03

• ricardo4

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2013
    Location United Kingdom

Hi mark and rachel :-) thanks for both replying, if you email me kevinspaceyuk@googlemail.com then hopefully we can arrange something!! Rachel we may even be on the same flight!x

#4 Posted: 24/4/2013 - 01:08

• loscompanie-
    ros

Joined Travelfish
    26th April, 2013
    Location Poland

I'm arriving in Bangkok wednesday morning as well.

#5 Posted: 26/4/2013 - 04:57

• Bradpricey

Joined Travelfish
    29th April, 2013
    Location United Kingdom

Hello, me and 2 mates are travelling to bangkok on 17th may then after a few days are going to head to phuket then to koh phangan for the full moon. Anyone else got similar plans?

#6 Posted: 29/4/2013 - 16:19

• moodselector

Joined Travelfish
    3rd April, 2013

Hey Brad,

I am arriving in Bangkok on the 14th and staying for a few days before heading south to phuket also. perhaps we could link up as our plans seem similar?

I fly out on the 27th so cant make the full moon party but id like to go and spend a week around the islands or so.

Look forward to hearing from you

Mark

#7 Posted: 4/5/2013 - 11:58

• Jasonscottb-
    all

Joined Travelfish
    28th December, 2012
    Location Canada

Well to all you first time travellers to Bangkok, welcome to Thailand. I'll be there on the night of the 9th but I think I'll be trying to fly out the next morning to head south. We want to save our time in Bangkok for the end of our trip this year.
    Do the touristy things that you hear are so good in Bangkok (MBK, Khao San Road, The Palace, etc.). They became tourist attractions for a reason. As well, make sure you do some fun things that aren't on the well worn tourists paths as well. Try taking a klong boat from the Golden Mount to downtown or take hang out in an area that has no tourist attraction and see how lives unfolds.

I personally love the Big Mango and hope you guys have a great trip.

#8 Posted: 5/5/2013 - 16:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.