Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

The Sarojin, Khao Lak versus The Twinpalms, Phuket

• ndecost1

Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2007

We are almost ready to book our two week honeymoon to Thailand. We are down to choosing between these two fairly different resorts. I would appreciate anyone's opinions on them or the area.

The Sarojin looks like an amazing beach and Khao Lak seems to be a cute town. I also love the idea of visitng the Similan islands nearby.

On the otherhand, the Twinpalms also seems to sit on a beautiful beach - maybe not as nice looking at the Sarojin - and it has this great new beach club on Surin beach. Can we also do day trips to islands from here? Maybe still go to Similan islands, Phi Phi, or the James Bond Island?

Thanks for any and all opinions.

#1 Posted: 26/6/2007 - 03:59

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I'm not familiar with the Sarojin, but Twin Palms is a pretty good spot -- they have a unique pool which is intertwined throughout the resort and you can just about get in from your room (depending on the type of room) and go for a swim. Very smart rooms too.

Surin Beach is very pretty, though it can get a little crowded in peak season -- loads of shacks to much away at and no shortage of deckchairs.

You can do daytrips from phuket to the Similans, though the transit time is longer as you're further away than if you're in Khao Lak. easy to do trips to Phi Phi and Phang nga from phuket.

#2 Posted: 27/6/2007 - 07:54

• ndecost1

Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2007

Thanks Somtam. We are 99% booking with Twinpalms. Would you happen to be familiar with the different rooms? We are deciding between the one bedroom suites or the grand deluxe rooms and the one where you can access the pool from the room. I've been told that the pool rooms are not very private as people can see into your rooms.

Do you have any idea how long of a boat/ferry ride it is from Phuket to the Similan islands? We're also considering driving up to Khao Lak (from Phuket) for the day and then going to the Similan islands for the afternoon from there. Would you recommend that?

Thank you for your assistance.

#3 Posted: 27/6/2007 - 09:39

• cybervlad

Click here to learn more about cybervlad
    Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2007
    Location Thailand

ndecost1, speedboat from Khao Lak need 2-3 hours to reach Similans. But Khao Lak 80 km North of Phuket. Also keep in mind, that ferry's speed is much lower, than speedboat.
    I think, if you plan to stay in Phuket, better way for you is take "combined" trip: overland to KhaoLak, then speedboat to Similans.
    For example: http://www.phuket-travel.com/speedboat/similan.htm

#4 Posted: 27/6/2007 - 18:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.