Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Volunteach Thailand

• liatb

Joined Travelfish
    2nd May, 2013

Hi-
    I am planning on volunteering in Thailand for about 6 months Oct-March on the program 'Volunteach Thailand'. Has anyone ever volunteered through them that cares to share about their experience? Much appreciated, Liat.

#1 Posted: 2/5/2013 - 01:45

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

No and you're wasting your time really. If you want to help the locals go holiday and tip them. Most Thais couldn't give a stuff about learning English unless they really have to speak it.

#2 Posted: 2/5/2013 - 09:35

• QWE

Joined Travelfish
    26th April, 2013

Hi, I don't know anything about that company. I'm personally no fan of volunteering you have to pay for, on this website you can find volunteering positions in Thailand and elsewhere that are, at least some of them, free. Im sure there are other sites like that out there.

http://omprakash.org/volunteer-abroad

#3 Posted: 3/5/2013 - 10:18

• ThaiStick

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2013

Teaching English as a volunteer is a scam. You're working long hours all week just to help the guy at the top get richer when you could be getting paid to do the work.

#4 Posted: 7/5/2013 - 03:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.