Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Slightly nervous solo 25yr m thailand 2014

Posted by Zakpriestley on 10/5/2013 at 02:06

Hi guys ive posted before but like an idiot wrote the wrong dates(not a good start)
I will be flying to thailand feb 2014 all alone to get away from life and have an adventure,I have a few rough plans but nothing set in stone.
The bit I'm worried is gettin of the plane and feeling totally alone!!!
Is anyone flyin at the same time and happy to meet for a drink whilst we/I get my bearings and maybe travel abit if are plans match?or can someone recommend where I can meet like minded people in Bangkok before I head out?thanks in advance:)

#1 Zakpriestley has been a member since 9/5/2013. Posts: 10

Posted by Zakpriestley on 10/5/2013 at 02:09

And how easy is it to meet people with similar plans?

#2 Zakpriestley has been a member since 9/5/2013. Posts: 10

Posted by Zakpriestley on 10/5/2013 at 02:09

And how easy is it to meet people with similar plans?

#3 Zakpriestley has been a member since 9/5/2013. Posts: 10

Posted by tezza on 10/5/2013 at 05:50

Khao San Road is the classic place for meeting other travellers. Used to have a rep as a backpacker ghetto but these days has a wide variety of accomm in the general area. Good array of traveller services but most people advise avoiding the transport options away from here to distant places. One exception is Lomprayah which offers a great overnight bus to Chumpon to meet its fast catamaran out to Ko Tao and islands south - you were asking on the other thread about places with good dive schools and plenty of people to meet.

#4 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by Zakpriestley on 10/5/2013 at 08:11

Thank you Tezza ko Tao is exactly where I've been looking at going and doing it with big blue diving and I appreciate the advice on how to get there,I've heard use government transport when possiable e.g over night train to chaing Mai....lomprayah I take is a private company?whats the rough price on the bus and boat to get there?

#5 Zakpriestley has been a member since 9/5/2013. Posts: 10

Posted by Arikara1985 on 11/5/2013 at 02:38

I'm actually going to Big Blue Diving in September. Right now I am only doing 5 days there and getting my open water but hoping I can save a bit more and stay in S.E.A. for 3 months instead of 5 weeks (I'm thinking of doing the 2 month divemaster course they have there).

#6 Arikara1985 has been a member since 14/2/2013. Posts: 32

Posted by Zakpriestley on 13/5/2013 at 12:27

Do you know with big blue if I can just turn up and book it if I don't mind waiting a few days or does it book up quick?

#7 Zakpriestley has been a member since 9/5/2013. Posts: 10

Posted by Osho on 18/5/2013 at 04:30

hi ...ZAKPRIESTLEY...
I will visit thailand every year once alone so i am also searching company, i will visit in july 2013 or feb2014...if you answer me i can arrange my dates.....

#8 Osho has been a member since 18/5/2013. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.