Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Mid July - what island to go to?

• beckparker

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2007

Hello,

My partner and I are taking off from a long few months in Kuala Lumpur, and are really seeking a Thai island to relax on -- not too big on the party scene ( a feeling of small town seclusion appeals), and has a little bit of nature to enjoy (snorkeling, hiking).

Ko Lipe really appealed to me, but i am afraid we will be rained out in july. I see Ko Pha Ngan has been recommended for a couple going in September-- would it have decent weather in July?

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Cheers,

Becky

#1 Posted: 29/6/2007 - 16:44

• Advertisement

• cybervlad

Click here to learn more about cybervlad
    Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2007
    Location Thailand

I have been on Koh Tao (near Koh Phangan) in the May, 2005.
    Locals say that there is good weather (I mean: no heavy rains, but very hot) till September. In October usually begin strong winds and big waves, so many dive shops closed till November.
    According this, I think mid July is a nod bad time for Samui-Phangan-Tao archipelago.

By the way, you can see weather statistics on many places in Thailand here:
    http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/city.php3?c=TH&refer=

p.s. Nearest location to Phangan in this list is Chumphon

#2 Posted: 29/6/2007 - 18:31

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Lipe will be largely shut down in July.

Both Ko tao and ko Pha Ngan will have fine weather in July. The east coast of Ko tao in particular will be excellent for snorkelling as the waters should be dead calm.

#3 Posted: 1/7/2007 - 06:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.