Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Samui - Phi Phi

• gregreg_123

Joined Travelfish
    15th May, 2013

Hi Guys,

I can't find a website with up-to-date timings so was wondering if you could help.

We are wanting to go from Samui to Phi Phi on the same day (last time I went, we missed the ferry to Phi Phi and stayed in Krabi for the night). This trip is time-pressured for the island part as 2 of us have already done them.

If anyone has times of when we would need to leave Samui and the timings of the ferries to Phi Phi then that would help a great deal.

Thanks.

#1 Posted: 15/5/2013 - 07:14

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

normally there's one morning ferry and one afternoon. You will find up to date info on the islands. Worry about it then.

#2 Posted: 15/5/2013 - 10:32

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

You can ensure making it by taking the night ferry out of Samui which goes direct to the town pier at Surathani - not Don Sak which most of the day ferries use, which is maybe 70km east of Surathani.
    Night ferry embarks abt 2300 - arrives 0500 or so. Touts meet it, ask where you are going - take you up to nearby small travel agents where you sit around with a coffee etc, after an hour or so minivans come to take you across to Krabi town for the Phi Phi ferry. Last time I did this they were delivering direct to the pier. These travel agents will be able to sell you a van/ferry ticket right through to Phi Phi. So will travel agents on Samui - in this case a night ferry/van/PP ferry ticket.
    Thing I like about the night ferry is you get your own numbered mattress and pillow to ZZZZZZZZZZZ the trip away - for budget travellers like me this saves a night's accommodation costs. Sweet.

OK, you are not keen on night ferry. I'm sure if you get the first day ferry out of Samui you will make the PP ferry. I'd be asking travel agents on Samui if they can do this - tell them if it don't work you will give them grief on travelfish, Trip Adviser etc.

Of course if you are not bucks short you could fly Samui-Krabi - not sure how flight times interact with PP ferry - Google Bangkok Air. It takes maybe 20 minutes max by taxi from Krabi airport to the pier.

#3 Posted: 16/5/2013 - 02:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.