Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Hair Extensions in Bangkok - Ladies Question!

• drewebear

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2013
    Location United Kingdom

Hi All,

I'll be landing in Bangkok at the start of December for a 2 month trip around Thailand and I'm very keen to get my hair done as soon as I arrive. I'd like to get hair extensions and maybe even permanentanly straighten my hair but I can't seem to find any recommendations anywhere..

Has anyone had any experience of the above?

#1 Posted: 15/5/2013 - 08:02

• Advertisement

• drewebear

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2013
    Location United Kingdom

Just to add, I have seen a load of posts on various forumns from Zenred in Bangkok but I don't know how truthful these are. If anyone has any experience here let me know as they seem very reasonable :)

#2 Posted: 15/5/2013 - 08:15

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I would bet money you could find someplace on Khao San Road to get it done.

#3 Posted: 15/5/2013 - 10:03

• Maryanne

Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2013

I have been to Zenred and they are very good. i'll be honest I got my hair coloured in some Khaosan road salon and they totally messed it up, my hair was badly damaged and orange. I panicked and found Zenred salon online, they fixed the colour and I ended up getting Brazilian Keratin there too, which is amazing if you suffer from frizz in humid weather etc.

I did not have hair extensions at zenred but on my way back home i'm stopping off in Bangkok and will definitely get them done then. I did have a chat with a British lady who was having them done the same time I was there, she was very happy with them after they finished her but I never swapped emails with her.

I think to be honest a lot of travel forums are hit with local salon owners posting raving reviews or trying to shame their competition, you can see that many are quite obviously Thai. In the end I chose Zenred not because of the forums but because I found their Facebook Fanpage. There are literally thousands of handwritten and signatured reviews and photos of girls with beaming smiles updated daily there, go and take a look and decide for yourself.

Before you leave Zenred they ask you to sign the guestbook and take a pic. So I know for a fact they are genuine, and if I get hair extensions in Bangkok it will certainly be there and not in Khaosan road again. They are a nice bunch of girls, professional and the salon is nice too, not the cheapest but you get what you pay for in Thailand.

#4 Posted: 19/6/2013 - 05:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Dare I say hair and beauty... For the ladies ... By millyb on 12 Oct 2010 8 3783 19 Jun 2013
Question for the Ladies... Gentlemen Don't Bother ... By justdroppingby on 25 Aug 2009 24 13561 21 Jun 2013
Waxing availability in SE Asia??? Question for Ladies. ... By phishsticks on 11 Nov 2011 4 3892 22 Nov 2011