Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand Island Splurge

• mcshapir520

Joined Travelfish
    23rd January, 2013

Hey Everyone,

My wife and I have been backpacking around Southeast Asia for the past four months and next month we will meet up with my parents in Thailand for one month. We are looking for an island resort to splurge on for a few nights at the end of June for my mom's birthday. I am thinking somewhere on the Gulf coast for weather reasons. Any good value splurge-worthy places in the $100-$150 range? Bonus points if there is a room/villa/bungalow that can fit all four of us!

Thanks in advance!

Matt

#1 Posted: 17/5/2013 - 03:14

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Yeah the southern Gulf is most likely to have good weather that time of year.
    Lots places fit your ask - google for Ko Nangyuan Dive Resort which is in a very scenic spot about 1km from the north-west tip of Ko Tao. Don't have to be a diver btw - these days midrange travellers outnumber the divers. No pool here last time I visited but good snorkelling off the beach.
    Other possibilities - Panviman and Santhiya on Thong Nai Pan - east coast of Ko Phangan.
    Pllus dozens of others particularly on Samui.

#2 Posted: 17/5/2013 - 05:31

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I'd check out Agoda. I did this with my mother and found a place in Pattaya - yes Pattaya - it was FANTASTIC. We got a rate one third the normal rate. Room was HUGE, with mahogany floors, big picture window the length of the room overlooking the ocean. Private beach that was cleaned constantly and infinity pool. Piano bar... couldn't be beat. We stayed there for three nights - four of us - USD 278.

#3 Posted: 17/5/2013 - 08:57

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Another false belief weather is bad on the other side. It baffles me. Been going year after year and getting tons of sun. I don't understand why this is. I must have been visiting a different Thailand.

I know a really nice bungalow resort for $30 a night which is a steal but it's not on your side so you'll have to miss out.

#4 Posted: 17/5/2013 - 13:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Where should we splurge treat ourselves to nicer accomodations - thailand, vietnam or laos? ... By nateyu on 28 Feb 2008 2 2537 13 Jun 2008