Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand - 2 weeks

• jenniferbra-
    tten

Joined Travelfish
    15th May, 2013

Hi! I am going to Thailand with my boyfriend in August! We are landing in Bangkok and staying there the first night, we thought it best to get some rest, then we are hearing to Chiang Mai, for 4 days! Firstly, I was wondering is there any suggestions to stay in Chiang Mai, we want to be in the centre of things where we have a base to go to an elephant park, see the sights etc?

Secondly, and this is the bit we need most help on is where we go from there! We want to see Ko Phi Phi Leh (where the beach was filmed) and we were hoping to do a 1/2 moon party on the 14th? We were just wondering are they very far apart or where could we stay that we could hit both! As we are down around the islands for 6 nights we don't want to do too much moving either! Any help on where we could stay, hotels, would be very much appreciated! We are not too worried about cost as we will probably never do this again!

Thanks in advance

#1 Posted: 18/5/2013 - 15:13

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Re: Places to stay in Chiang Mai. There are many cheap guesthouses in and around the old city. Have a look here: http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation/thailand/northern_thailand/chiang_mai/chiang_mai/all

Re: Ko Phangan and Phi Phi
    "We were just wondering are they very far apart or where could we stay that we could hit both"

Too far apart to see from only one base. It takes the better part of a day to get from Ko Phangan by ferry/bus to Krabi or Ao Nang where you get the Phi Phi ferries. With only six beach days you may want to stick with just one area, and Ko Phangan generally has better weather during August. That "Beach" on Phi Phi Leh is over-rated anyway, very crowded with tourists/boats doing daytrips.

#2 Posted: 18/5/2013 - 22:03

• jenniferbra-
    tten

Joined Travelfish
    15th May, 2013

Thanks for your help. I think we will stick with ko pohang an. Next thing is how do I get there (quickly)from chiang mai to there. Where the nearest airport? I assume we need to get a boat? Thanks in advance.

#3 Posted: 28/5/2013 - 15:09

• Mayer

Joined Travelfish
    29th May, 2013

Hello,

RundreiseBangkok-Phetchaburi-Cha Am –Krabi und Phuket beim Südostasien-Spezialisten Asia-hotelservice

Ich habe eine Südhailand – Rundreise bei denen gemacht.
    War sehr gut und sowohl die Leute und auch die historischen,kulturellen und natürlichen
    VielfältigkeitThailands. Währenddie Regionen in Thailand um Chiang Mai und Chiang Rai als touristische Zielebestens bekannt sind, wird der äußerste Süd noch immer sehr viel wenigerbereist außer Phuket als Badeurlaub. Durch die Nähe zum angrenzenden Malaysia,sind die malaysische Einflüsse nicht zuverkennen.
    Die Welt der mehr als ca.100 Inseln vor der Küste der Andamansee gehört zweifellos zu denreizvollsten Regionen Südthailands. Die Inseln um Koh Lanta sind für Tauchausflüge im Boot um die InselnKo Hai Ko Muk und Ko Kradan sehr gut geeignet. Man kann mit dem Boot zurInsel Ko Chuek in die Mangrovenwäldernfahren.
    Eine ganze Reihe von Tauchbasen steht dort zurVerfügung, die Unterwassergeheimnisse in der Andamanensee zu ergründen.
    Auf der Webseite findet man Touren, Hotels und Tauchprogramme.
    Gebucht hatte ich bei asia-hotelservice.com kann das nur weiterempfehlen.

#4 Posted: 29/5/2013 - 08:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.