Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Honeymoon in April

• Huskybabe

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2013

Hi there!
    Does anyone have any suggestions on Honeymooning in Thailand in April? We are looking for peace and quiet and being spoilt in low rise individual accommodation. The weather is very confusing on various sites, but having been to Maldives at the beginning of rainy season I'm assuming its the half hour torrential downpour then back to glorious sunshine afterwards??!! We would like SOME kind of local life with restaurants & bars etc around us to escape the hotel but not really party animals.
    Any suggestions would be most welcome!!x

#1 Posted: 19/5/2013 - 10:49

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

April is HOT DRY season. Have a look at Koh Chang, it fits your needs.

#2 Posted: 19/5/2013 - 20:06

• Xircal

Joined Travelfish
    24th December, 2012

As Leonard suggested, Ko Chang is a good choice.

For comprehensive info, see: http://wikitravel.org/en/Koh_Chang

#3 Posted: 20/5/2013 - 14:08

• Huskybabe

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2013

Thankyou......off to look!

#4 Posted: 21/5/2013 - 01:41

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Wow, there are so many opportunities here.
    I agree with the other guys - April is a good month. Ain't reallly the start of the wet season, more like the end of the dry season. Okay, you can get more rain than say February, but my experience is sunshine dominates.
    I reckon any island can meet your asks of low rise/peace and quiet/restaurants and bars - what you haven't done is state your budget. Maybe if you say low end/flashpacker/lower mid range/mid range/high end I could recommend a place or three.

#5 Posted: 21/5/2013 - 02:42

• bluekiwi

Joined Travelfish
    24th May, 2013

I do agree with all above comments, Another choice I suggest you to Koh Samui, it is a good destination to honeymoon and also has other beautiful island nearby like Koh Tao, Koh Nang Yuan and Ang Thong Marine National Park. You can choose one to go.

Have a good day :)

#6 Posted: 25/5/2013 - 00:04

• Huskybabe

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2013

Hi there!
    Thank you all so much for your advise. It will be our first trip to Thailand, so really am open to peoples recommendations. Our budget is £4,000 to include flights as well......
    Thanks again everyone!
    x

#7 Posted: 25/5/2013 - 11:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
March-April 2008 Honeymoon! ... By elisse on 6 Dec 2007 4 2226 9 Dec 2007
Honeymoon in Thailand advice, early April please! ... By Andy1972 on 20 Oct 2013 1 1140 21 Oct 2013