Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

HELP Crossing border illegally

• Alexmane

Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2013
    Location Thailand

Hi , I m living Bangkok since 5 years . Few years ago , I Ve lost my passport then recently the thai police arrested me because somebody used it to pass clandestine (Pakistan people) from bkk to Norway !! I showed them my actual passport and explained them that I had nothing to do with that , I m French , swimming teacher , leaving with wife and kids in a perfect harmony . They don't want to know anything about it except a fee of 800 000 bahts to clean my name of the report !!!! I cannot pay it of course (crazy), French ambassy in bkk turned their eyes away as usual ,right now I m in the retention room at the airport waiting for my flight back to France, I m in the blacklist now , means cannot come back until 5 years !! Well I will fly back to Cambodia and try to cross the boarder illegally coz I cannot leave my family there , so here the question from a desesperate man : Any ideas please ?

#1 Posted: 27/5/2013 - 12:20

• Advertisement

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

If this is a serious post let me warn you that much of the border between Thailand and Cambodia has been mined.

#2 Posted: 27/5/2013 - 12:28

• Alexmane

Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2013
    Location Thailand

Thx , this is a serious post ... And my last option

#3 Posted: 27/5/2013 - 12:41

• Xircal

Joined Travelfish
    24th December, 2012

Sounds like someone is trying to rip you off. According to the immigration site, appeal against "Persona Non Grata" is 1.900 Baht.

If you're not at liberty to file an appeal in Thailand because you're being held until your flight leaves, you should be able to file an appeal with the Thai Embassy in France: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=fee

In any event, you'll only likely to get yourself into even more trouble if you try to enter the country illegally and could end up in jail.

#4 Posted: 27/5/2013 - 12:42

• Alexmane

Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2013
    Location Thailand

I know this one , but can be used only 48 h from your arrival . Arrived on Thursday 23 th may and Friday was Visakha Bucha day means nothing open then I was fucked !! I m not looking for trouble ( too old for that now ) just can t wait 5 years to come back to my family ! Cannot either remove them from there as they are their school and life there and to go where?

#5 Posted: 27/5/2013 - 12:54

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Well, if I was going to do this I'd head up to Stung Treng in Northern Cambodia. The border into Laos is porous there. Near Chang Khan in Thailand the Mekhong river is wide and shallow in the dry season and used to be a crossing for refugees from Laos.That would mean waiting until November. Pailin seems quiet but again you'd need a guide. Are you sure there isn't a better way. Couldn't you just get a new passport?

#6 Posted: 27/5/2013 - 13:31

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

It should be 48 hours or the next business day.

If you cross illegally and your bus is stopped and checked (which is common) and you are caught you're screwed. Furthermore, how are you going to make yourself legal again once you are in Thailand. Eventually the jig will be up. Go to France and find a legal way to get back.

#7 Posted: 27/5/2013 - 13:32

• Alexmane

Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2013
    Location Thailand

Thx for your precious advices ; new passport done already last month in France , different number but same name , date of birth etc ... Did not work !! Actually Madmac the plan is staying in Thailand during the black list , I m a blond , blue eye s farang , never been checked in the street in 5 years so why now ? And maybe get a fake passport later to leave the country and come back with mine ...

#8 Posted: 27/5/2013 - 14:42

• gregmccann1

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2009
    Location Taiwan
    Total reviews: 5

You could very well get shot crossing the border illegally. Thai soldiers have a "shoot to kill" order regarding Cambodian loggers who cross the border to log rosewood and whatever other wood they are looking for. You might look like a Cambodian in the dark or from the distance, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of being shot up.

#9 Posted: 27/5/2013 - 19:18

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I would suggest that you need proper legal advice once you return home and have time to think with a clear head. Try to work with the Thai embassy in France or the UK. Trying to return illegally and with fake passports, etc is asking for trouble, and is likely to end with worse and disastrous results for you and the family.

#10 Posted: 27/5/2013 - 19:22

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hi Alex,

It seems unanimous that sneaking into Thailand is a bad idea. The journey from the border will be dangerous. I'm obviously not Asian either, and nearly every bus I've ever been on from the Lao or Cambodian borders back towards Bangkok has been boarded and checked by some kind of Thai authorities. You'll have no legal status during the next five years, leaving you at risk of arrest by Thai authorities or blackmail by anyone who learns of your situation. Then you will have to sneak back out again to re-enter legally. I agree with everyone else here that seeking legal help and filing an appeal is the best way to go. Good luck and best wishes.

#11 Posted: 27/5/2013 - 21:21

• Xircal

Joined Travelfish
    24th December, 2012

There are a couple of posts on Thaivisa.com which might be worth a look. Here are the links:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/618332-re-entry-and-appeal-for-visa-after-deportation/?view=findpost&p=6104361&hl=%2Bappeal+%2Bpersona+%2Bnon+%2Bgrata

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/609648-coming-back-after-expulsion/?view=findpost&p=6060030&hl=%2Bappeal+%2Bpersona+%2Bnon+%2Bgrata

Did you report your previous passport as lost to the French Embassy? Normally, it would be revoked within 24 hrs, so it would seem a bit odd that whoever found it was able to use it within that period illegally.

If all else fails, is there any possibility of bringing your family to France? As far as your children's education is concerned, kids are pretty adaptable and can learn another language quite quickly.

The only other alternative I can suggest is to meet your family regularly in a bordering country like Laos where Thais understand their language.

#12 Posted: 28/5/2013 - 03:14

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

May it's not that difficult sneaking in after all...
    Thai anger over airport escape
    http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/1530737/thai-anger-over-airport-escape/?cs=12

(Please note that I'm not endorsing this as an option! Just sharing the story)

#13 Posted: 28/5/2013 - 16:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.