Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Itinerary Help

Posted by cardkleener on 4/6/2013 at 11:32

Hello All:

I will be travelling to Thailand in Sept/13 I will fly into Bangkok and want to to go Burriram and Korat. I need to know which place first in order of distance. Furthest away first then make my way back to Bangkok.

I am also looking at travel options. Plane versus bus, rail. I kind of had my heart set on plane but I can't seem to find an airport in Korat. So I might be better taking a bus. I am looking forward to your input.
I've been to Bangkok before so I won't be spending much time there.

Thanks all for your help.

May your passport be full of stamps.

#1 cardkleener has been a member since 2/6/2013. Location: Canada. Posts: 5

Posted by Tilapia on 4/6/2013 at 11:39

Hi,

You can always get a flight to Buriram. Check Nok Air's website. Then bus it to Khorat, then train or bus back to Bangkok.

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,490
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 4/6/2013 at 11:59

Didn't like Burilam at all. It's a real crooked mess of a town. Surin is nicer as is Ubon.

#3 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by amnicoll on 5/6/2013 at 06:12

take the train to Buriram, bus to Korat and bus or train back to BKK. i must have hit Surin on a bad day cause I did not take to it

#4 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 635

Posted by cardkleener on 9/6/2013 at 16:43

Alright thanks all. I will fly to Burriram as it only takes 65 min. Bus will take (I've been told) 4-6 hours. Since my time is limited. I don't mind paying 60.00 for a one way ticket.

#5 cardkleener has been a member since 2/6/2013. Location: Canada. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.