Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Itinerary for North Thailand

• Pocohantas

Joined Travelfish
    10th May, 2013

Hi

Please can anyone advise on a route to take as I am getting confused...... I am in Chiang Mae and would like to end up in Chiang Rai. In between I would like to visit Chiang Dao, Mae Sariang, Soppong, Mae Hong Son and Phayao. Ideally I would like to take the boat trip from Thaton to Chiang Rai. Anyone got any suggestions in which order to visit these places please. I have plenty of time to spend in each place so time is not an issue.

Should I do Chiang Mai to Mae Sariang via Doi Inthanon?
    Could I do Chiang Dao in a day trip from Chiang Mae or can I incorportae it into my route?

many thanks

#1 Posted: 9/6/2013 - 04:41

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

I would do it in this order: http://goo.gl/maps/F3tei
    Public transport is pretty straightforward most of the way. Only challenge might be finding a ride from Soppong to Chiang Dao without going back to Chiang Mai , but if you get a ride as far as Mae Malai on highway 107 you should easily be able to flag down any bus headed north. Look for orange buses from Chiang Mai to Chiang Dao, Fang, and Tha Ton every half hour or so. Boats leave Tha Ton to Chiang Rai every day at 12:30, ticket 350 baht. I would do Doi Inthanon as a daytrip from CM.

More about Tha Ton here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/captain-bob/sets/72157626997063426/

#2 Posted: 9/6/2013 - 05:57

• Pocohantas

Joined Travelfish
    10th May, 2013

Many thanks Captain Bob! :-)

#3 Posted: 9/6/2013 - 10:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
North Thailand Itinerary ... By sarah7196 on 12 Jul 2011 6 2007 14 Jul 2011