Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Can anyone recommend central Phi Phi hotels with aircon minus bedbugs?

• rledez1990

Click here to learn more about rledez1990
    Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

We stayed in Marine House a couple of years ago... Apparently this was before the bed bugs took over but we still had the nasty problem of rats running around in the ceiling above our heads, cockroaches everywhere, that eggy water smell and a very rude woman on the desk.

The location of the place was ideal, and the price (700b per night around May/June) was what we were looking for too.

Does anyone have experience of GOOD AND CLEAN hotels in the village with aircon? We dont mind paying a bit more than we did before but we are on a budget so 1000b a night or less would be ideal.

I've had a look on here but many of the recommendations are either a bit out of the way, too far out of our price range or non-aircon, so would really appreciate recommendations :-)

Thanks

#1 Posted: 11/6/2013 - 04:16

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Bedbugs come and go. No one can guarantee that.

#2 Posted: 11/6/2013 - 09:56

• rledez1990

Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Okay, not asking for guarantees just recommendations...

#3 Posted: 11/6/2013 - 10:25

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Google Phi Phi resorts

#4 Posted: 11/6/2013 - 10:47

• rledez1990

Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

If you didn't have a hotel to recommend then why bother even replying to this post? I don't understand why people like you join forums like this - its meant to be a community where you can ask questions - however obvious the answer might seem - and then offer advice back to others if you have it. It's not supposed to be an opportunity to be snippy! I've given the same answer over and over again to the same questions when people ask for advice and I don't make people feel bad for asking. People like you make inexperienced travellers afraid to ask questions and I don't like it.

#5 Posted: 11/6/2013 - 15:18

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

I don't know why people can't be bothered planning their own holiday. It takes about 3 secs to find accomo websites with reviews. Takes another 15 secs to find 39 resorts on Agoda b/t $21 and $39.

#6 Posted: 11/6/2013 - 21:58

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Tezza was just there a couple of months ago and updated his blog. Check it out. You might find something. Or send him an e-mail through his blog with more specific questions ...

http://tezzasthaiinfo.blogspot.ca/2006/12/ko-phi-phi.html

#7 Posted: 12/6/2013 - 12:13

• magnum

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2013
    Location United Kingdom

LeonardCohen1 - What is your problem? I can't figure out if you're constantly trolling or are just a bit of a pr1ck. This is a travel forum.....I'll let that sink in for a second.....Travel. Forum. Say those two words, google their definitions. This is a place for people to ask other members for travel advice. I personally will use google for reviews along with multiple other sources when planning my trips, as will a lot of people, one of those sources would be travel forums. If you are trolling, then well played, however, if you just don't grasp the concept of sites like this then do one.

Anyway.

rledez1990 - It's been about a year and a half since I was last in Phi Phi, but me and a group of mates stayed in PP Princess. Obviously depends what you were looking for, rooms were basic and there wasn't any sort of room cleaning/sheet cleaning service that we noticed but it suited us fine. There's a really sweet infinity pool that's right on the beach which was really good during the day. We paid about 400 baht each per night. Obviously no idea about the bed bug situation just now but there were no problems for us.

#8 Posted: 13/6/2013 - 05:11

• rledez1990

Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

THANK YOU Tilapia and Magnum :-)

Tilapia, that blog entry is amazing! There's so much info - thanks so much

Magnum, thanks for your post - it's exactly what I was looking for. I'll have a look at PP Princess now :) basic is absolutely fine, and cleaning isn't really necessary if we're only going to be there a few days (I certainly to change my bed at home every day like some hotels do haha!) Thanks again, really appreciate it

#9 Posted: 13/6/2013 - 06:24

• lanathai

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    21st July, 2011
    Location Thailand
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Hi, I stayed at The White 2 in high season about 18mos ago -- air-con, hot water and very clean. Recommended. Price was 1800-2000 baht/night but that was in peak season in early January so you should be able to get a better rate for low season. They have another guest house called The White nearby. Right in the village area so convenient to Tonsai & Loh Dalum; a bit loud at night from nearby bars but not excessively so. Have fun!

#10 Posted: 17/6/2013 - 08:37

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hotels below 20$ in central Saigon? ... By rebeccafarrent on 7 May 2009 14 3220 13 Jul 2009