Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Layover in BKK

Posted by peachiest99 on 7/7/2007 at 13:08

I am flying into the new airport at BBK at 10:30pm on a Monday night, and departing for Chiang Mai at 10:30am the next day.

Ideally, I'd love to be able to head somewhere interesting, sleep, and get back to the airport without too much stress. I am finding most sites still give information in conncetion to the old airport, not the new one.

Can anyone offer suggestions of hotels in a mid range budget?

#1 peachiest99 has been a member since 11/6/2007. Posts: 6

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/7/2007 at 20:16 admin

Sukhumvit Rd has everything from budget digs to five star plus and is easy to reach from both airports. Bel Aire Princess is a popular option in the mid-range (starting at 3,000B a night). More backpacker orientated, both Suk 11 and HI Bangkok Centre are popular.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.