Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phuket or Koh Samui & Phangan in July 2013

• mink5

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2013

Hi there,

I am planning 10 days trip (6-14 July 2013) to Thai with 2 male friends. I am looking for relaxing beaches during day and crazy party environment during night.

Should I break my trip between Phuket , Koh Samui and Koh Phangan? Like spending 2 nights on each island? or Should I skip Phuket and spend maximum time on Samui and Phangan Islands?

I understand rain will also be a problem in Phuket during July.

Looking forward to your advice to plan a perfect trip.

Cheers,
    Minks

#1 Posted: 17/6/2013 - 03:59

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

As noted Samui and Phangan have a better chance of good weather than the west coast (Phuket, etc.) that time of year, but there are no guarantees. Plenty of nice beaches with party scene to choose from. Hat Rin on Ko Phangan is pretty much the biggest backpacker/party ghetto in Thailand. I would mix it up between two islands, maybe go to Ko Tao and do some snorkeling/diving. Sairee Beach has a pretty good nitelife scene as well.

#2 Posted: 17/6/2013 - 04:14

• mink5

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2013

Thanks Bob, Does Koh Samui and Koh Phangan offer enough fun/activities to spend a week?

or should I go with the following plan?

6th July
    Reaching Bangkok at 11:30 AM
    6th July
    Fly to Phuket
    06th-8th July
    Phuket
    9th July
    Taxi + Ferry to Koh Phan Gan
    9th July – 12th July
    Koh Phan Gan and Koh Samui
    12th July
    Take flight to Bangkok from Koh Samui
    12th Night and 13th July
    Bangkok
    14th July
    Take 12:35 flight to New Delhi, reach by 15:25

#3 Posted: 17/6/2013 - 05:36

• simond1

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2013

I wouldn't skip Phuket . It probably has the best and most diverse options for activities and if you don't go you will miss out the notorious Bangla Road.
    Bangla Road is a must see if you visit Thailand and looking for a party. Doesn't really top Koh Phangan for a party atmosphere but it is a totally different kind of experience. Definitely the best "Walking Street in Thailand". There's a bar to suit everyone and nothing is left to the imagination on Bangla.
    For the beaches in Phuket i would stay away from Patong Beach, well known but not the best. If you are looking for a nice beach then head over to Karon or the Kata area. Bang Tao and Surin are also nice beaches and also include some good beach clubs. Surin has Catch Beach Club and Bang Tao has Xana Beach Club. Both are very good and offer a different xperience to most other places you'll find in Phuket. They both often attract big name dj's also.

#4 Posted: 18/6/2013 - 01:35

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

2 boyfriends hey, quite a party

#5 Posted: 19/6/2013 - 15:35

• samara400

Joined Travelfish
    21st May, 2013

LeonardBurger, you make travelfish a pleasant place to be.

#6 Posted: 20/6/2013 - 17:56

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

Phuket it's in different coast from Samui and Phangan, and you come for a short vacation, it's better to travel to Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao , Mu Ko Ang Thong which these islands are beautiful as well.
    check on this webiste for visit nearby island from Samui http://www.lomprayah.com/

#7 Posted: 21/6/2013 - 21:49

• bluekiwi

Joined Travelfish
    24th May, 2013

I do agree with all above the comments, Phuket is in the rainy season, so you should you Koh Samui and Koh Phangan instead.

#8 Posted: 21/6/2013 - 22:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travelling Phuket & Koh Samui in Jan 2013 ... By sheetalvishnoi on 30 Jul 2012 6 4297 9 Aug 2012
Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan ... By LeeF on 3 Feb 2009 9 5979 5 Feb 2009
Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao end of July/beginning of August anyone? ... By helfet on 17 Jul 2011 4 1898 1 Apr 2014
Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao end of July/beginning of August anyone? ... By helfet on 16 Jul 2011 1 2263 27 Jul 2011