Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Phuket or Koh Samui & Phangan in July 2013

Posted by mink5 on 17/6/2013 at 03:59

Hi there,

I am planning 10 days trip (6-14 July 2013) to Thai with 2 male friends. I am looking for relaxing beaches during day and crazy party environment during night.

Should I break my trip between Phuket , Koh Samui and Koh Phangan? Like spending 2 nights on each island? or Should I skip Phuket and spend maximum time on Samui and Phangan Islands?

I understand rain will also be a problem in Phuket during July.

Looking forward to your advice to plan a perfect trip.

Cheers,
Minks

#1 mink5 has been a member since 17/6/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by Captain_Bob on 17/6/2013 at 04:14

As noted Samui and Phangan have a better chance of good weather than the west coast (Phuket, etc.) that time of year, but there are no guarantees. Plenty of nice beaches with party scene to choose from. Hat Rin on Ko Phangan is pretty much the biggest backpacker/party ghetto in Thailand. I would mix it up between two islands, maybe go to Ko Tao and do some snorkeling/diving. Sairee Beach has a pretty good nitelife scene as well.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,821

Posted by mink5 on 17/6/2013 at 05:36

Thanks Bob, Does Koh Samui and Koh Phangan offer enough fun/activities to spend a week?

or should I go with the following plan?

6th July
Reaching Bangkok at 11:30 AM
6th July
Fly to Phuket
06th-8th July
Phuket
9th July
Taxi + Ferry to Koh Phan Gan
9th July – 12th July
Koh Phan Gan and Koh Samui
12th July
Take flight to Bangkok from Koh Samui
12th Night and 13th July
Bangkok
14th July
Take 12:35 flight to New Delhi, reach by 15:25

#3 mink5 has been a member since 17/6/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by simond1 on 18/6/2013 at 01:35

I wouldn't skip Phuket . It probably has the best and most diverse options for activities and if you don't go you will miss out the notorious Bangla Road.
Bangla Road is a must see if you visit Thailand and looking for a party. Doesn't really top Koh Phangan for a party atmosphere but it is a totally different kind of experience. Definitely the best "Walking Street in Thailand". There's a bar to suit everyone and nothing is left to the imagination on Bangla.
For the beaches in Phuket i would stay away from Patong Beach, well known but not the best. If you are looking for a nice beach then head over to Karon or the Kata area. Bang Tao and Surin are also nice beaches and also include some good beach clubs. Surin has Catch Beach Club and Bang Tao has Xana Beach Club. Both are very good and offer a different xperience to most other places you'll find in Phuket. They both often attract big name dj's also.

#4 simond1 has been a member since 6/6/2013. Posts: 4

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 19/6/2013 at 15:35

2 boyfriends hey, quite a party

#5 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by samara400 on 20/6/2013 at 17:56

LeonardBurger, you make travelfish a pleasant place to be.

#6 samara400 has been a member since 21/5/2013. Posts: 8

Posted by RiniRabbit on 21/6/2013 at 21:49

Phuket it's in different coast from Samui and Phangan, and you come for a short vacation, it's better to travel to Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao , Mu Ko Ang Thong which these islands are beautiful as well.
check on this webiste for visit nearby island from Samui http://www.lomprayah.com/

#7 RiniRabbit has been a member since 31/7/2012. Posts: 78

Posted by bluekiwi on 21/6/2013 at 22:39

I do agree with all above the comments, Phuket is in the rainy season, so you should you Koh Samui and Koh Phangan instead.

#8 bluekiwi has been a member since 24/5/2013. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.