Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Time allowance Kanchanaburi to Bkk airport

Posted by lavalette on 22/6/2013 at 04:30

Hi guys, Still toying with my itinerary. So if I want to leave Kan by bus and catch a same day flight to Chaing Mai (if it's doable), how much time shall I allow to make it to the airport. Thanks

#1 lavalette has been a member since 25/5/2013. Posts: 12

Posted by captainbkk on 22/6/2013 at 05:18

depends on day of week and time of day-and where you stay in Kan and also which BKK/DMK-airport. Do NOT fall into the trap of so many to even consider train-useless and just 2/day. ANY accomm. place in Kan will be able to book you into a minibus direct to swampy for next day-they call the offith, ask for your dep.time and then the offith will tell time for bus-a small mini-which will pick you up at accomm.
DIY: minivan to Vict.Monum-2/3/hour from nearby the general busstation-takes (remember time of day??) 2-4 hrs, walk or BTS 1 stop to Phyathai and 28 mins. in Raillink to Swampy-or between 30-1h30 to DMK-bus 510 from Vict.Monum.

#2 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.