Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ban Krut

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

My wife and I have decided to go to Ban Krut for a couple of weeks. We made the decision on Ban Krut because of what we've read so far on Travelfish and because we've never been there so it will be somewhere fresh for us.
    We're not to bothered about accommodation other than it being clean, having a fan and being reasonably close to the beach. We are not much into nightlife and prefer somewhere quiet. We do, however, want somewhere with easy access to restaurants and even street food. We want restaurants that cater for Thais not tourists. The language is no problem for us.
    We are not fixed on Ban Krut itself and would be happy anywhere in that area. We'll come down from Bangkok on the train.
    I wonder if anyone has a recommendation based on their experiences. Oh, and also would it help to hire a motorbike to give us more flexibility or can we find somewhere which is both close to the beach and to good food.
    Thanks everyone for your help.

#1 Posted: 25/6/2013 - 00:22

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

I'm in Prachuap ATM and loving it. Lots of good cheap food (many dishes 30-50 baht) and we ate 6 blue crabs today that were freshly caught (u can walk out to the pier end and see them unload in the morning). Skipped over Ban Krut because we found Thung Wua Laen (Chumphon) too quiet and thought BK would be the same.

BK probably has a better beach for swimming but Ao Manao here is ok if you want to swim. Tide goes out a lot at low tide though.

The whole atmosphere here is laidback but plenty of shops/restaurants to choose from, friendly locals and no touristy crap. There's only about 10-20 farangs here ATM and roads are good for bike riding with little traffic and mostly flat.

I would imagine Ban Krut would be very quiet ATM.

Little bit of rain yesterday but today is sunny. Prachuap looks a bit like Krabi but without the touristy stuff.

Personally I would find BK too quiet for a couple of weeks and would do a few places along the train line. Station here is right next to the town.

#2 Posted: 25/6/2013 - 05:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.