Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Japanese encephalitis : vaccin to go to bangkok in september ?

Posted by zobizoba on 5/7/2013 at 15:26

Hello, i have a big question, i booked a travel consultation to know what kind of vaccin i need to come to Bangkok in September, i have all the "basic" vaccin, dt polio, hepatitis A, B and rabies.

i came already 2 times in Thailand but it was the high season, i'm worried for the raining season... do you think i need the Japanese encephalitis for Bangkok ?

i read it's more in rural area but there are some case in Bangkok too...

any advice ?

thank you !

#1 zobizoba has been a member since 27/6/2013. Posts: 4

Posted by busylizzy on 6/7/2013 at 05:17

Not that I'm a medical expert by any means, but I don't think you need Jap E if you're only going to Bangkok. The one you may want to consider. of anything, would be typhoid.

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/vfr/thailand

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by zobizoba on 6/7/2013 at 19:28

thanks for your reply, yeah i knew that, but idk why i read there are a few case (rarely) in Bangkok when it's raining season, i hate mosquitos i was worried by dengue but Jap E is alot worse.

But the vaccin is expensive and maybe there are some bad side effect, for Bangkok maybe just a prection with clothes and DEET would be enough (i hope).

#3 zobizoba has been a member since 27/6/2013. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.