Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Where to sleep in Bangkok

• diee

Joined Travelfish
    4th July, 2013

HellO,

I will spend 3 nights in Bangkok to visit it. Which could be the best area to stay for visiting the city?
    I've read that is nice to a view over the river too..
    Thanks.

daniele

#1 Posted: 9/7/2013 - 10:58

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Best to stay near the skytrain as traffic and taxi drivers can be frustrating to deal with. River views would be ok but a lot of the riverside rooms are pricey.

What's your budget? Hard to recommend anything without knowing that.

Do you like shopping, temples, music bars, girly bars?

Bangkok is a big city and there's no 1 area suits all.

#2 Posted: 9/7/2013 - 11:09

• diee

Joined Travelfish
    4th July, 2013

Hi Leonard,

I want to enjoy all the aspects of the city..And I will consider a 3* / 4* hotel too.

Thanks.

#3 Posted: 9/7/2013 - 11:19

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

BKK is a huge city so not possible to do it all in 3/4 days. I've been there a dozen times and only seen a bit of the city.

What's your budget? $50, 70,100 a night? 3/4 star means different prices in different areas

#4 Posted: 9/7/2013 - 11:40

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If you're after an interesting river view and happy to spend a little, Loy La Long is well worth a look.

You can read more about it here.

#5 Posted: 10/7/2013 - 08:25

• diee

Joined Travelfish
    4th July, 2013

Thank you all guys. I'm considering from 75 to 100$ per night. And about the river I was much more thinking to sleep in a skyscraper with a view over the river.. As far as I read Sukhumvit seems to be the best place to stay..

#6 Posted: 11/7/2013 - 03:03

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Sukhimvite isn't anywhere near the Chao Praya... I agree it's a fun neighborhood, but not close to the river.

#7 Posted: 11/7/2013 - 03:34

• 9preciousGe-
    ms

Joined Travelfish
    13th January, 2011

If youre spending that sort of money the bangkok design hotel next to the national stadium is very good.

#8 Posted: 11/7/2013 - 03:47

• Foolslena

Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2013

If you considered spending less money than you indicate and still stay in a nice place:

We really liked Tawee Guest House in Sri Ayutthaya Rd. See http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/thailand/bangkok_and_surrounds/bangkok/khao_san_road/all/124 Rooms very nicely decorated with wooden wall furnishings and nice pictures, very clean and the bathrooms (shared or private) were big, clean and pretty. Room was 600 Baht a double with shared bathroom in 2011 (possibly more now). There are similiar guesthouses nearby if this was full.

The area is very pleasant, there is a nice little breakfast café across the street with great fruit and shakes, there is a large market for food and flower with nice Thai Coffee stalls, it is close to a nice little Wat and most importantly: to Chao Prao River. Whenever I come back to Bangkok I'd stay there again because of the convenience of boat travel. I thought going by taxi and MRT always very stressful, while going with the boats turned Bangkok into one of the most relaxing cities to me.

Although maybe not as central an Khao San Road, the area is also close enough to most places to walk to (except you're rather lazy when it comes to walking). It is in an old part of the city - much nicer than Sukhumvit Rd and all the other modern place (with much more traffic, red light bars, drunken expats).

Hope that helps.

#9 Posted: 11/7/2013 - 08:31

• diee

Joined Travelfish
    4th July, 2013

Thanks Foolslena, I'll keep in consideration your suggestion

#10 Posted: 11/7/2013 - 08:59

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Seven - The Stylish New Way to Sleep in Bangkok ... By jane7 on 5 Mar 2009 2 2573 6 Mar 2009