Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Khao Sok & Ang Thong on wet season

• idit

Joined Travelfish
    29th June, 2013

Hello
    we will be in Thailand in the first half of September with 3 kids (4.7.11)
    arriving from Laos & planning to be around 2 weeks on the Islands. doubting between the area of Krabi or Phangan & Kotau ...(the weather seems to decate the second option though we prefer the first one..)
    Is it possible & fun... . to go to the national parks on the wet season? Stay for the night?

if we wish to stay at night what is the way to get there?(all the information I found about Ang thong was day tours from Samoi or Phangan while there are accomodations on the park so..
    Any one been to both?
    we will pro and up with one so...
    thank you all
    Idit

#1 Posted: 12/7/2013 - 21:33

• Advertisement

• gregmccann1

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2009
    Location Taiwan
    Total reviews: 5

It's hit or miss with the weather at that time of the year and September is pretty rainy. I've been to Khao Sok 3 times, all during summer months, and I was able to go hiking without getting rained on. One of those trips was during September. However, it had been raining in the area right up till I arrived. That's about all I can say on that. It's a gorgeous park and worth seeing -I can add that. From Surathani you can get a minibus to the park road.

#2 Posted: 12/7/2013 - 21:57

• idit

Joined Travelfish
    29th June, 2013

Thanks for the vere fast reply..
    the real question is how messi dose it get when it dose rain,,,(liches? ..)
    Idit

#3 Posted: 12/7/2013 - 22:27

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

If one flies to Surat is it easy to get a mini bus there? There are organised tours operating from Krabi but they are really expensive. Surat is a horrible city but if it's easy to connect up with a mini bus to Khao Sok that's something I would want to do next time.

#4 Posted: 13/7/2013 - 00:41

• gregmccann1

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2009
    Location Taiwan
    Total reviews: 5

You have to get a bus or minivan to Surathani town first, and then you'll transfer to the minibus to Khao Sok. You'll probably have to wait around for close to an hour in Surathani town before the minivan is ready to leave.

#5 Posted: 14/7/2013 - 05:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Khao Sok NP or Ang Thong Marine Park in july? ... By CarbonBased on 23 Mar 2013 7 1815 25 Mar 2013