Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Is it possible to renew my UK passport at the Bangkok British Consulate?

• LittleBetha-
    ny

Joined Travelfish
    15th July, 2013

Can anyone help...I need to renew my UK passport and have heard/read it's possible to do at the British Consulate in Bangkok where it takes 10 days. Has anyone done this or knows someone who has? Any advice would be very grateful. I'm in China at the minute leaving in 4 weeks so can't send it via Hong Kong...Please help I'm so confused...=/ Thanks x

#1 Posted: 15/7/2013 - 08:25

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Sorry, but I'm almost certain all the passport renewals have to go through Hong Kong now and it takes 4 weeks to get your new passport back according to the official British Embassy website.

More info here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-bangkok

#2 Posted: 15/7/2013 - 11:15

• LittleBetha-
    ny

Joined Travelfish
    15th July, 2013

Thank you SBE, I've sent it to Hong Kong and will have to get a tourist visa to extend my stay but your advice was welcomed.x

#3 Posted: 22/7/2013 - 22:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travel companions needed - British passport holders ... By JLam on 26 Jul 2014 0 458 26 Jul 2014