Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Good food on Ko Yao Noi?

• daydreamfar-
    mer

Joined Travelfish
    22nd March, 2013

Does anyone have any recommendations on good places to eat or what the local specialties are to look for? I prefer local mom and pop places over fancy spots.

I appreciate any of your insights.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 17/7/2013 - 14:03

• Advertisement

• daydreamfar-
    mer

Joined Travelfish
    22nd March, 2013

It looks like I stumped the forum.

#2 Posted: 19/7/2013 - 08:23

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

On one of my visits to the island I stayed in a budget bungalow at Lamsai Seafood in the south-east of the island. Nothing flash about this place but I noticed each night, even though I was the only staying guest, there was a good crowd of tourists and locals in the restaurant. I'm no gourmet but things tasted pretty good to me. The fact that there were fish pens out front suggests stuff is pretty fresh.
    The elevated restaurant has glorious views of Yao Yai to the south, best before sunset.
    Other places? Well I don't seek dining experiences - but I've always been pleased with the fare humble bungalow restaurants can dish up.

#3 Posted: 20/7/2013 - 05:36

• daydreamfar-
    mer

Joined Travelfish
    22nd March, 2013

Thanks for the reply tezza, I'll have to give it a try. Like I mentioned I'm not into formal dining either. I usually stick to street food or stalls along with the guesthouse option. I just wanted to get an idea where the good spots might be.

Thanks again.

#4 Posted: 22/7/2013 - 14:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Good Food - Hanoi ... By daawgon on 2 Dec 2010 5 2965 19 Dec 2010