Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Bangkok to Chiang Mai?

• IndiaGabrie-
    lle

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2013

Hi Guys,

Just wondered if I could get some suggestions on how best to travel from Bangkok to Chiang Mai? My plan is to travel BK - CM then over to Hanoi.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 18/7/2013 - 09:56

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Buy a plane ticket.

#2 Posted: 18/7/2013 - 10:09

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Bus is cheapest. Take a government-licensed bus from Mor Chit station.
    Train is more "fun" (unless it crashes like the one yesterday). Daytime Sprinter or overnight sleeper.
    Flights take an hour, cheapest Air Asia or Nok Air from DMK Don Muang airport.

#3 Posted: 18/7/2013 - 12:23

• Blackartemis

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2011

Plane is 1hr and ranges between 1200-3000B depending on the deal you get. Airasia, Nok Air, and Bangkok air run them regularly. Airasia loves to charge extra for everything but you can still get a deal.

Bus ~9-10hrs and costs between 300 to 876B I just bought a bus ticket with Nakonchai air for 876B and it's got a reclining leatherish seat with dvd screen. Easy to sleep in.

Train ~12-15hrs you can do wooden seats and no ac, cloth seats with or without AC and an over night train, I think they cost 400-900B?

#4 Posted: 18/7/2013 - 20:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.